By Gabrielle. Image by Laurie Smithwick.
Wow! What a week. I LOVE Alt Summit. What an amazing thing it is to meet and spend time with so many inspiring women. Old friends, new friends, and lots of family. And I’m still on a high from getting to interview Martha Stewart for her keynote address! She was as down-to-earth and gracious and smart and funny as could be. I can’t wait to tell you more about it when I’ve had time to process —and when the video of the keynote is ready to share.
Now, on to the weekend! Ben Blair flew in to Salt Lake City yesterday — just in time to see the big interview. And tomorrow, we’ll attend the wedding of our nephew here in Utah. We’re very much looking forward to it. How about you? Any weekend plans you’re looking forward to?
While I attend my Friday meetings and say my Alt Summit goodbyes, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– The last women footbinders of China.
– This is how my neighborhood sounds when Brazil scores in the World Cup.
– Why Blue Ivy’s hair matters.
– Every English novel ever.
– Kind of surprising news – but don’t spray that sunscreen on your kids! (I adore the convenience of sunscreen sprays, so this bums me out.)
– Generation Grit — American Girl, but for boys. Thoughts?
– Silly: Mentos suit + Diet Coke dunk tank.
– These beach cake toppers made me smile.
– The critical importance of kindness.
– Are you doing anything to mark the Summer Solstice? Maybe a visit to Stonehenge?
I hope you have a marvelous weekend — and greet the new season with open arms! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Since the year began, I’ve been trying to average 7 posts per week, but this week, I’ve only managed 5. It was just one of those weeks! Ben Blair and I fly back to Oakland Saturday evening, so I should be back to the usual schedule starting Monday.