By Gabrielle. Image of Olive and Betty in our backyard by Justin Hackworth.
Hello, Friends. How are you doing? Is the weather cooperating in your part of the world? Are you able to get outside these days? It’s been fun for me to experience my first Oakland Spring. Not too hot. Not too cold. And lots of welcome rain.
As I mentioned earlier, we have a French student staying with us. His name is Victor and we love having him in our home! This weekend, Ralph and Victor (and maybe the whole family) will be playing tourist in San Francisco — Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, Cable Cars, Lombard Street, Sourdough Bread, etc.. My sister Jordan is running a marathon this weekend in Big Sur, so we’ll be using her house while she’s away. It should be a great weekend! How about you? Anything fun you’re looking forward to?
While we make a list of tourist spots we don’t want to miss, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Instead of retiring, they sold their house and travel full time.
– Mesmerizing. Thanks, Sara.
– A non-profit that makes birthday parties special for hospitalized kids.
– Scramble the egg while it’s still in the shell!
– A toddler’s room that’s a happy hodge podge of old and new.
– Have you ever requested a specific teacher for your child?
– A gorgeous new book about Treehouses from Taschen. (We’re kind of obsessed with treehouses at the moment.)
– I’ve got flowers on the brain! Here are 18 floral-inspired crafts you’ll love.
– And here are 16 spring crafts for kids that caught my eye.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — We’ll begin announcing speakers for Alt Summit Summer on Monday. I’m responsible for figuring out the panels and topics and speakers, and I really like how this conference is coming together. Tons of fresh new faces! Are you going? Tickets are available here.