Image and text by Gabrielle — we loved our Spring Break trip to Lake Tahoe!
Hello, Friends. How are you? Will you be thinking about Easter or Passover this weekend? We have a French student named Victor arriving today, and my mom is coming to town tomorrow! We’re planning an egg hunt on Sunday afternoon here in the wild yard of The Treehouse, followed by a casual family dinner with cousins — The Stanleys and Ferneys. I’m really looking forward to it!
But before all of that, my big event is that my permanent retainer — put onto my lower teeth 20 years ago — is coming off today! I head to the orthodontist in a few minutes. And then, I’m sure I’ll be running my tongue across my bottom teeth nonstop for the next 24 hours. : )
How about you — any fun plans for the weekend? While I prep for the ortho, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Is gentrification a form of violence?
– Baby chicks!
– An NPR story on Why Babies Cry at Night. What do think about it?
– Closing the word gap with Thirty Million Words.
– A Montessori-style playroom at home.
– A moonlight Easter-egg hunt for teens or adults.
– This is long — but I think worth it. It’s a comedy routine by Dimitri Martin, but it’s unlike any comedy routine I’ve ever seen — and I’ve seen Dimitri live! So I’m familiar with his style. But this is different. So honest. (FYI: he’s crude sometimes.)
– Genius DIY confetti wrap.
– A tour of the British Isles in accents.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend — with lots of chocolate and Peeps, too! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Our kids are missing some of the Easter candy from France.