Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. How are you? Are you ready for the weekend? I feel like school weeks have a tendency to fly by! We are a month into the school year already and I can hardly believe it. Our big plans for the weekend? House projects! I’m going to do more flooring research — specifically, I’m thinking about carpet options in the little lofts. More on that next week. And we’re also thinking about taking down that three-quarter wall in the kitchen! But we haven’t done a similar type of demolition before, so we’re kind of nervous. We’ll see what happens. We may decide to do something a little more predictable, like pull up carpet. : ) Join me on Instagram if you’d like to follow along.
While I stare down the kitchen wall, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Dying laughing about this Castle/NYC real estate comparison. Thanks, Ben Blair.
– And speaking of castles, Landmark Trust lets you rent out historic British castles and forts for the night. Thanks, Petra.
– And if you can find a dark sky, All About Constellations (for your kids).
– The perfect DIY school bag.
– George Saunders’ advice to graduates is really good. Loved reading this! Thanks, Amy.
– This is interesting. A new site called Biggest Price Drop, lets you know what items from your favorite stores have been discounted in the last 2 days.
– An inspiring kickstarter for critically ill children from a famous children’s book author.
– A gnome-themed birthday party? That’s a new-to-me theme! Check it out.
– Like many Americans, the healthcare system is on my mind. This video has me thinking about it in different ways.
I hope you have a marvelous fall weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — I found the antique Thonet Chairs (pictured above) at Book/Shop in Temescal Alley. We bought 8 for our dining table. Fun fact: I’d always heard the name pronounced “Tho-nay”, but I was informed it was actually “Ton-net”. I love little bits of trivia like that!