Images and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! Was it a good a week? I hope so. I know some of you have you been celebrating Passover this week. And others are in the middle of Spring Break. And still others are making preparations for Easter this Sunday. Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, I hope the weather is supporting you! Spring has been reluctnant to come to Normandy — grey skies and cold temps. In fact, snow was forecast for today. Blech. So we’ve made an alternate plan for our Easter Egg hunt.
Last year, I picked up these pretty paper eggs at Ikea. They came in six colors, which works out nicely for our six kids. Instead of an Easter Egg Hunt on the lawn, we’ll be filling these with Easter treats and trinkets, attaching a ribbon and gift tag with each child’s name, and hiding them in six different spots around the house. And the hunt will be to find the egg with their name on it.
We’ve never tried this before, but I think (I hope!) it will be fun. Plus also: weather appropriate. How about you? How are your holiday plans shaping up?
While I think up six really good hiding places, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Optical illusion in front of the Hotel de Ville in Paris.
– A store that only stocks items that give back.
– Once heckuva a 19 year old. (Also, I’d never heard of oceanic garbage patches before.)
– I made these last night. Heavenly!
– Drones to replace the US Postal Service?
– Wow. A pink lagoon!
– Turn old speakers into high quality bluetooth speakers.
– Authors as teenagers.
– Has your internet been slow lately? The NYT explains why.
– I want to go to this egg decorating party.
– And make these bunny ear bags.
Happy Easter! Happy Passover! I hope you have a marvelous weekend. I know many of you are traveling over the next few days — I wish you clear roads and safe voyages. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Fun fact: France has its Daylight Savings time change this weekend.