Text and image by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! Has it been a good week? We are doing well here. Mostly, we are trying to stay dry, because Normandy is absolutely drenched. The rain has been non-stop this week and the gravel driveway is full of puddles. I hope that means Spring will be spectacular!
We’re actually watching the weather like a hawk, because Tiger in a Jar arrives today, and we’ll begin filming more Olive Us episodes this weekend. We’re so excited about it! We can’t wait to get started.How about you? Any fun plans for the weekend?
While we keep our galoshes close at hand, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– First up, I have a little bit of Design Mom housekeeping that I’d love you to know about: the About page and FAQs page have each had a long overdue update. Check them out and get to know the contributors! Second, you may have noticed, when you hover over blog post images, a “let’s pin” button appears. I hope that makes your pinning easier!
– I’ve never tried bitters, but now I want to.
– This kickstarter has me pumped! I want to buy a pair of these rad shoes for Ben Blair. And Ralph. And me.
– Don’t get mad, get the camera.
– I’ve been collecting lots of spring dresses for girls on Pinterest in case you need some Easter inspiration.
– A nursery in pastels for a baby boy.
– The Scared is Scared. Thanks Marysol.
– Biscoto is a very cool French monthly magazine (printed on newsprint) for kids. Sixteen pages of stories, comics, games, jokes, and fun, with a touch of philosophy. You can see a few pages online here.
– On my Babble column: 16 Easter baskets (and alternatives!). Lots of great choices.
– How Motherhood Changes Us. A collection of tightly edited parenting stories covering what happens when life doesn’t go as expected.
I hope you have a marvelous first weekend of Spring. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.