Hello Friends! How has your week been? My Mom has been here since Monday and it has been wonderful. Lots of good conversations while we run errands and work on projects. And she didn’t judge me when I worked in my pajamas till 4:00 yesterday. : ) She heads home tomorrow morning, so we are hurrying to finish a few projects. I’ve been snapping pics so that I can share what we’ve been working on.
In the meantime, here are a few things I’ve been meaning to write about:
1) My sister Jordan has so many big and interesting things happening. I love watching her do her thing. The gorgeous vellum mobiles pictured are her brilliant idea. And look at these citrus garlands. Fabulous, no? Plus, her precious baby Roman has his cleft palette surgery today (so we are praying hard for a smooth recovery).
If you live in or around San Francisco, you should totally take one of Jordan’s Letterpress Classes. In her beginning class students print their own business cards (or calling cards) and learn the basics of printing letterpress. It’s a great way to get your toes wet and get a feel for how letterpress works. For your cards, you can choose a design from the these darling options or even submit your own design in advance. Everyone who attends will receive 250 one-color business cards printed on Crane’s white cotton paper.
Class Size is limited to 8 Students and they fill up fast, so grab your spot while you can. The price is only $125 — a total bargain considering you walk away with 250 cards. You can find dates and more info here.
2) A new family dinner blog with pretty photos.
3) Do you love an over-the-top first birthday party? Check out this ladybug celebration.
4) Cute! Free toy-bin labels.
5) I like this urban house that looks like a barn.
6) Ben Blair has been making granola every Sunday. We love it and gobble it up by Wednesday. Have you seen the custom-made granola shops out there? I wonder if we should try one.
7) A giant bow on a pillow.
8) Rad animals font.
9) How many of you relate to this? (I do!)
10) I’m loving this pink. Does that mean my baby is coming right away?
11) How have you enjoyed my 2010 Mother’s Day Giveaway Week? I hope you thought it was fun. And found some great ideas for your Mother’s Day gift-giving. You can still enter the last two giveaways. (Yay!) The winners will be announced on Monday. Find the Family Tree Giveaway here. And the Julian & Co. Locket Giveaway here.
I hope you have a lovely weekend. I miss you already.
P.S. — For my CafeMom Column this week, there’s a DIY ruffled corkboard. Cute!