Hello, Friends. How are you? Did this week run away from anyone else? Or is it just me? I told you I would share a report from our Swiss trip, plus our back to school photos, and I haven’t posted either. Oh dear! But on the bright side, I made a little dent in my inbox. Which is something!
I’m really looking forward to the weekend. Our kids have sign up sessions for their fall extra-curricular activities — stuff like dance, trombone, horseback riding and tennis lessons. I’m sure it will be busy and full. And I’m sure my lack of French will ensure I misunderstand at least half of the instructions we receive. : ) How about you? Any fun plans for this lovely September? Maybe some apple or peach or blackberry picking?
While I map out the weekend schedule, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
-A la la lovely little girl’s room. Dancing unicorn included.
– A sweet way to tell someone they mean more to you than the Sun and the Moon. And even Saturn.
– Vote for your favorite American Made artisan!
– Animal badges to make with your kids.
– The Diminutive Review. A new blog focused on finding beautiful children’s clothing at deeply discounted prices.
– Fabric on the walls instead of paper.
– Find a new artist featured on the excellent site, Wondereur. Plus, they built a web app, so now you can access their great content even without an iPad.
I also write for Babble. Here are some fun slideshows I put together this week:
– 22 Ideas for Creating a Gallery Wall.
– Inspiring Nursery Decor — projects you can make yourself.
– Scarf Style. Don’t be intimidated by wearing scarves. I’ve gathered tons of great ideas.
– Decorate for Fall! DIY ideas you’ll love.
– Are your kids already talking Halloween? Mine too. Here are clever costume ideas to get you inspired.
I hope you have a marvelous late summer/early fall weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. – We did a little more cottage hunting this week. One house featured that staircase above. It’s still on my mind…