Hello, Friends. How’s it going? Will you be doing anything special for Mother’s Day? Maybe a brunch? Breakfast in bed?
I know this can be a really emotional weekend for so many people — maybe you miss your mother, or wish you had a different relationship with your mother, or you’re aching to become a mother, or feeling overwhelmed or inadequate with your mothering duties, or maybe you’re not feeling recognized for your contributions as a mother. For all of you hurting, I feel for you! I’ve absolutely dreaded Mother’s Day on many years.
This year, to make sure I stay in good spirits, I’m keeping my expectations simple: we’ll call our moms, and hopefully I’ll work in a little extra sleep somewhere. That sounds like a perfect Mother’s Day to me!
In other news, do you know what I just did that felt so good? I cleaned up my Pinterest boards. Hah! My boards were looking kind of sad, so I went in and wiped out about half of them. For reals! I’ve consolidated to 18 and think I might get it down to 15 or 16. My kitchen could still use a spring cleaning, but hey, my Pinterest boards are sparkly and bright. : ) How do you like to Pinterest? Do you keep dozens of boards or are you a minimalist? Are you on daily, weekly — or not much at all?
And before I slip off to yet another tangent, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– Wind-up paper butterflies.
– Rainbow panorama.
– Did this make anyone else cry happy tears?
– White with accents of neutral.
– DIY plant labels. Love this idea!
– Kacy sent me The Night Circus – the visual descriptions are so compelling, I want it to be a movie! Have you read it?
– Also from Kacy, this made me laugh really hard.
– Peppermint lemon sticks.
– Gorgeous new site, Elizabeth Street, interviewed me. You can find it here if you’d like to read it.
I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
– Got bangs? 15 inspirations for your fringe.
– Introducing Mom, Inc. — a new book that will help you launch your business.
– Luxe Lego jewelry. For reals!
– Your go to source for hipster sunglasses.
– Have you ever wanted to put abstract art in your home? Try these.
– The coolest wallpapers for kids (adults love them too!).
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! And I hope you can find joy on Mother’s Day no matter what. If you’re feeling down, know that I’m rooting for you! I’ll see you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — The grass is taller than she is! More from my instagram feed here.