Hello Friends! Did you have a good week? I hope so. I was looking through some of my images this morning and these colorful shoes caught my eye. They’re sold in a little shop in Barcelona that we happened upon called Kokua. (They’re not sold online, but you can read about them here.) I found the colorful display irresistible! The shoes look like candy and I wanted to buy a dozen pairs.
I didn’t buy a whole dozen, but I did end up with one pair in silver. They are super comfortable and look adorable on my feet. But alas! The silver finish has worn off in places and they aren’t as cute without it. Such a shame, because they’re handmade and the construction has held up wonderfully. (I wonder if there is such a thing as silver shoe polish…) I hope the colorful images make you as happy as they make me!
In addition to the colorful shoes, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– My interview on Gretchen Rubin’s The Happiness Project. Over the moon to be included!
– I was spotlighted on Refinery 29 too! It’s one of the coolest sites ever.
– Mini sailor’s knots. (I would go nuts for a collection of these.)
– The most expensive sheets in the world.
– I don’t understand this, but it’s mesmerizing.
– Ladies, ask for more. You’re worth it! via NotMartha
– Glowing snowboarder.
– Watched this and now I’m curious: have you tried a no-clamp curling iron?
I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
– 14 Fresh takes on the Ponytail. Just in time for warmer weather!
– Sneak peek! Diane Von Furstenburg is coming to GapKids.
– This baby skincare line has the cutest packaging.
– Brilliant monogram prints. Do they have your letter?
– Love these new typography-based Family Trees.
– Possibly my favorite hair accessories.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday (with a Love the Place You Live post!). I miss you already.
P.S. — The Kokua shop made bags too. I didn’t buy one, but I wish I had!