Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! I hope it was a good week for you. We have some fun stuff going on at our house. 1) Ralph, Maude and our French exchange student, Charles, are all on a Pioneer Trek this weekend. 2) On Saturday, we’re adding another exchange student to the mix — one of Ralph’s friends from England, Chris, will be joining us for several weeks. Yay!
3) We’re prepping for an epic roadtrip. All 10 of us (8 Blairs + 2 exchange students) will be driving around the Western U.S., visiting National Parks and other sites for almost 3 weeks. We leave next Wednesday! 4) We installed flooring in the studio/home office this week. The floor looks great (see above) and we need to move everything back in today. 5) Yesterday, we had a new front door installed. Hooray! I’ll share photos as soon as I paint it up and add some details to the porch. 6) I’ve been shooting the cover of my book this week. It feels like progress. And also makes me nervous. I want the book to be so good.
And 7), tonight we’re hoping to meet up with friends at Point Reyes. I’ve never been, but the photos look amazing. I love how this summer is turning out! How about you? Anything fun going on at your house?
While I go work on putting the studio back together, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
– Related, something called Bicycle Face was once a medical condition. Hah!
– What happens when LeVar Burton gets pulled over.
– The New Yorker’s hilarious take on Eloise, at 46. Thanks, Dani.
– Mater Mea — a bimonthly online magazine that celebrates the lives of women of color as they balance work and motherhood.
– Taryn Brumfitt’s story has me thinking.
– Free paper crafting class for Bay Area readers — or you can access it online from anywhere!
– Is parenting in crisis?
– This story is great: The letter that kicked of a radio career. (Proof that there’s never any harm in asking. The worst that can happen is someone says no.)
– Everything you need to know to host an Outdoor Movie Party.
– The music is the best part!
I hope it’s a wonderful weekend for you and yours. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — You can follow along to all of our summer activities, like Pioneer treks and new front doors, on Instagram.