Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. How are you doing today? Good things going on in your life? We’re excited that our daughter Olive arrives home from her school trip to France today. Two weeks is so long! We missed her like crazy.
We still have several weeks of school left, but we’re definitely in that winding down period. Ralph took his first AP test yesterday. Maude’s track meets are almost done. Summer is getting close — we can all feel it!
This weekend, we’re working on a fun project in the yard, and having a get together with the cousins on Sunday — it will feel amazing to have the whole family together. How about you? Any fun plans?
I’m off to change into work-in-the-yard clothes, but before I head out, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- Did you hear that Martha Stewart is speaking at Alt Summit Summer in Salt Lake City? Her keynote will be a Q&A, and I get to be the interviewer! I’m so excited about this I can hardly stand it. Will you be there? (Announcement here. Tix available here.)
- Random Correlations. Endlessly fascinating.
- Maps made from iconic, regional food.
- May is Bike Month! And this bicycle is revolutionizing lives in rural Africa.
- A reaction to red-carpet commentary.
- A park to encourage independent children. Thanks, Kelly.
- Ben Blair posted an Instagram video of little June trying to wink. Little kids winking is the best! (Watch it in the app so you can hit play.)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.