Joss & Main Sale – Preview!

April 15, 2014

Eagle Falls Lake Tahoe

Image and text by Gabrielle.

Hello! I’m waving from Lake Tahoe. The shot above was taken at Eagle Falls on the south side of the lake — it is gorgeous here! And I’ve been instagramming up a storm.

Oh you guys. I’ve got such fun things coming up! At the end of this month, I’ll be hosting a big sale for Joss & Main — and the whole sale is inspired by my living room. In fact, I’ll be sharing a full photo tour of the living room on the day the sale launches. I’m so excited about it! And so pleased with how the room has come together.

I was supposed to shoot the living room last week, but the shoot was pushed to this week because we were waiting on a delivery. So as soon as we get home from Lake Tahoe, I’ll be putting on my stylist hat and whipping the living room details into shape.

It feels really good to get some of the spaces in the house finished. I think having photo shoots on the schedule works really well for me, because it creates a deadline so that I “finish” each room. It can be easy for me to procrastinate certain design decisions, but having a due date forces me to get into gear. Obviously, the room can and will change after the photo shoot, but it’s a great opportunity to get the details of the room in place, and then mark the space off my mental checklist and turn my attention to other projects.

For those of you who are curious, I thought it would be fun to share a little preview of what you’ll find in the upcoming sale. It’s still a couple of weeks away, so none of this is guaranteed — availability can change overnight! But this will still give you a good idea of what to expect. Take a look:

joss and main preview2

What do you think? Does anything here catch your eye? And how do you know when a room in your house is “finished”? Or is the design of your home an endless and ongoing process?

Mark your calendars! The Design Mom Sale for Joss & Main will launch on April 29th. Can’t wait!

1 Christie April 15, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Oooh that tufted blue sofa! I have been looking for something exactly like that.

2 Design Mom April 16, 2014 at 9:30 am

Isn’t it lovely? Spoiler: I had that sofa (but in a different color) in my living room!

3 Kathryn April 15, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Goodness, I think I need all the tables. I might have a problem :)

4 Design Mom April 16, 2014 at 9:31 am

Seriously. I could just collect tables all day long. There are so many gorgeous options out there.

5 Tamara April 15, 2014 at 2:58 pm

I love the gray and cream rug. Fun!

6 Jessie Hansen April 15, 2014 at 3:10 pm

My house will never be done and this is why I will never submit anything for the Living with Kids series, which really is a shame for you because my house is the coolest house in this town.

7 Design Mom April 16, 2014 at 9:31 am

I want to see your cool house!

8 julie April 15, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Love that grouping!! The first rug, the tables and that teal sofa! swoon.

9 Katie April 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I’ve lived in my home, townhome none the less, for 6 years and the only room I’ve completed is the bathroom. :-(

10 Design Mom April 16, 2014 at 9:32 am

Hah! I know that feeling. I’m always so in awe of people who move into a home and have it decorated in a matter of days of weeks. I feel like I take forever!

11 sarah April 15, 2014 at 5:19 pm

i love decorating my house. so i do the whole thing (1500 sq ft) and then i declare it finished. and then i live in it for about 4 months and then i get on a kick and start repainting and selling stuff and buying new stuff and starting all over again!!
Fun, i call it.

12 Jessica April 16, 2014 at 8:32 am

The ultra-modern style of the previewed items seems so cold and harsh and uncomfortable to me. I’ve inherited beautiful eighteenth century antiques and reproduction furniture; and although this classic and traditional style is no longer in vogue, I love how the English Country style conveys a nostalgic and romantic image of the past…and a deep appreciation for craftsmanship and classic beauty.

13 Design Mom April 16, 2014 at 9:38 am

I don’t think it has to be an either/or thing. Happily, these days you can mix and match styles till your heart’s content. And I don’t feel the English Country style is “no longer in vogue”, I just think it doesn’t work quite as well in our mid-century treehouse — and this sale is supposed to be inspired by my living room. : )

For our French cottage, when I make pinterest boards of inspiration, I go for a very different look than I have pictured here. I seem to like every style as long as it’s designed well.

14 kara April 16, 2014 at 9:47 am

Oh, that blue couch!! It is killing me a little bit that I need to wait until April 29 to find out more….. :)

15 Jen Campisano April 16, 2014 at 11:17 pm

I love everything! We are in the midst of building a MIL suite, so I will have to check out the sale for furnishings…and maybe a little something for the main part of the house, too!

16 Allison May 15, 2014 at 1:15 pm

the chevron rug (the first rug) in this post is to die for! I love that it’s neutral but still interesting. They didn’t offer in the sale, do you know where it’s from?

17 Design Mom May 15, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Yes. You can find it at Wayfair.com. The fastest way would probably be a search there for chevron rugs.