Art in Your Home

April 2, 2014

Minted Art Collection 1

By Gabrielle. This post is brought to you by Minted. Take advantage of the rare Minted sale going on now — get 15% off your entire order.

On yesterday’s post, the oversized art print got people asking questions (I’m still hunting down a source for that print, by the way). And it reminded me how intimidating it can be to purchase and frame art for your home. So I think you’ll be very happy to know about Minted’s Art Print Collection.

There’s something for every room in your house! Keep your kitchen in perpetual summer with popsicles. Add a map or constellation to the nursery. Or the neatest moon in the whole world. Put something abstract in the living room. Or something with a pattern over your bed.

Minted Art Collection 2

The Art Print Collection is a fairly new thing at Minted, and here are 5 reasons why I really like it:

A) It’s a truly dependable source for beautiful art. And you don’t have to wade through a thousand pages of not-very-good-stuff to find the best pieces! Every piece is good. In fact, as I was picking out favorites to share in this post, I found it so hard to narrow it down! The collection is excellent. So if you feel unsure about art, Minted is a wonderful place to shop. Take a look at their offerings and find something that speaks to you, then buy it with confidence, because you can trust that it’s in fact really good.

B) The art prints are Limited Edition. Why does this matter? I suppose to some people it won’t. But I like that because it means there won’t be millions of people out there with the exact same thing on the wall.

C) They offer small and large sizes, and everything in between. I’m typically drawn to oversize pieces — like 2 or 3 feet across in a frame — so the large sizes offered by Minted are just my thing. If you’re craving a big statement piece for your home, I would recommend this, printed as large as possible.

D) Adding a frame doesn’t add much to the cost! This is huge. Having artwork framed is a hassle and an expensive one. I speak from experience, because my dad had a frame shop in our basement. : ) As you look at prices, you’ll see you can choose framed or unframed, and you’ll notice the cost doesn’t quadruple if you pick framed. Their prices are very reasonable for framed art — and they offer several styles to choose from as well.

E) I don’t know if you know this about Minted, but they’ve always sourced their designs (for cards, stationery, and everything else they carry) from independent designers and illustrators and artists. They’ve been a huge supporter of creators big and small for many years now, and extending their offerings to art prints makes brilliant sense. Plus, it’s another wonderful way to enjoy the gorgeous creations their community of artists creates.

Minted Art Collection 3

Now, let’s do something fun. I want to see Minted Art hanging in your house! If you have a Minted print in your home — in your nursery, in your family room, in your bathroom, in your entryway — snap of photo of it and send it to me. Or, take advantage of the 15% off sale, and choose something new. Then, once you’ve got it hanging, send me a picture!

I’d really, really like to see how you incorporate art in your home! I’ll gather the photos, then share some of them here on Design Mom. We’ll do a follow-up post on May 1st, featuring your photos, and a big Minted giveaway too. I think seeing how families incorporate art is inspiring — I’m hoping the post with your photos will be a helpful resource. I can’t wait to see what you send!

Minted Art Collection 4

P.S. — The artwork featured:

Animal World Map by Jessie Steury. Celestial Moon by Katherine Morgan. Pops I by September Wren. Tools by pottsdesign. Constellation by Annie Clark.

Block Printed Arches by Katharine Watson. Bejeweled by Four Wet Feet Design. Chicken Run by Betty Hatchett.

Brownie by Amy Wagner. Natura by trbdesign. Rings by 2birdstone.

What You Want by Kristi Kohut. The Rapids by Rose Lindo.

{ 1 trackback }

Jungle mural nursery - Choose My Room
April 21, 2014 at 11:50 am

1 Kristen N. April 2, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I was eyeing your Matisse print yesterday, too! I am happy to know about this new-to-me art resource – thanks. I am often hesitant to purchase original artwork online, but art prints aren’t quite as scary!

2 Kristen N. April 2, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Oh, you mentioned someone asked about the Matisse art print from yesterday. It’s entitled “The Flower” and is a silk-screen print. It looks great next to the switch plates and above those lovely white-washed floors!

3 Design Mom April 2, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Thanks for the info, Kristen! I appreciate it.

4 Betsy April 2, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I just moved into a new, larger apartment and I’m struggling to find artwork I like. The timing of this post is wonderful, I can’t wait to shop around on Minted Art’s website.

5 Design Mom April 2, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Yay! I hope you send me a photo when you have your new art installed. Can’t wait!

6 rachael April 2, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I had another post in my bloglovin feed from design mom that was about weight loss or something Crazy. That wasn’t a really one right?

7 Design Mom April 2, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Oh dear! That was an April Fool’s prank by my son Ralph. I was out at dinner last night and he opened my laptop and wrote that crazy post. I found it last night and took it down right away — I didn’t realize it would come through on my rss feed today. Hah!

8 Bridget April 2, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I view your blog through bloglovin. When I look at my feed there is a post from you about those side bar ads about losing belly fat. It is so strange because when you click to your site you haven’t written a post about it. I guess it is a new advertising form. It makes it look like you are doing a post about those ads. I thought you might want to know. It’s signed Design Mom.

9 Design Mom April 2, 2014 at 2:35 pm

So sorry Bridget! That was an April Fool’s Day joke showing up a day too late. Please ignore it! And my apologies.

10 Bridget April 2, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Oh!haha! Well, he got me! I thought the advertisers had found a way to high jack your blog and write posts for you!

11 Amy April 2, 2014 at 10:13 pm

I consider myself a very brave person — I have taught middle school, for Pete’s sake. But nothing is making me more afraid than these blank walls in my new house. Seriously, I am so intimidated.

12 Dena April 3, 2014 at 9:03 am

This post is great! It never occurred to me to look for unique prints at Minted. I will definitely have a look. In the meantime, my husband and I usually make it a point to buy one special peice of art every year, or every other depending on the cost. We especially love to collect local art from where we live in Cleveland, Ohio. We recently purchased tea dyptych from a local artist named Barry Underwood. We even had the great pleasure of meeting him personally in his studio! He does amazing things with artificial light in natural landscapes-quite the photographer. I mention him because he has his work in a studio in Oakland. I thought I would share in case you wanted to explore. Enjoy!

13 Dena April 3, 2014 at 9:06 am

Correction. Underwood’s prints are in a gallery in Oakland, his studio is here in Cleveland in our Little Italy neighborhood. :)

14 teresa April 3, 2014 at 9:22 am

I’m always on the hunt for places to buy art….thanks for sharing.

15 Kathleen April 3, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I have quite a few prints from Minted. I love that they highlight upcoming designers. Here’s a link to a (poor) photo of the tree rings in my living room; it was in one of my blog posts:

16 Katie Harding April 3, 2014 at 1:28 pm

We moved into a new house last summer and I’m still battling the blank walls, thanks for the inspiration and ideas!