Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you? How was your week? I’m really looking forward to the weekend! We’ve had a ton of rain here and the whole yard is green and fresh. I’m hoping it’s dry enough tomorrow to work outside. I confess, I’m quite intimidated by our yard. It’s unlike any yard we’ve ever had — wild in a good way, but still in need of some major grooming. I’ve never worked with a landscape architect before, but I’d like to find one and hire her/him to help us come up with a plan. Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start!
One funny idea: We have 20 years worth of fallen leaves and broken branches under all those trees. We’ve been clearing it out one leaf bag at a time, but it’s slow going. Then, the other day, we heard you can rent goats to eat all the leaves and twigs! Have you ever done something like that? I’m dying for more info.
While I research goat options, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- Change your typeface and save $400 million.
- You can touch my hair. Thanks, Jess.
- A cool nursery with lots of fun surprises.
- A letter to frustrated parents about New Math.
- A baby sleeper that doesn’t involve snaps. (When Ralph was a baby, we had a similar version that zipped in the diaper area. 16 years later and zippers still haven’t replaced snaps in any big way. I wonder why that is?)
- Sesame Street has a new toolkit for families navigating divorce, deployment, and other grown-up challenges.
- Affordable DSLR sliders for budding filmmakers — I bet this would get tons of use at our house. Thanks, Lindsey.
I hope you have a really wonderful weekend. I have LOVED the conversations we had this week. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Remember the pretty succulents I showed in the hallway makeover? Well, all but 3 have died. : ( So the plants pictured at top are my replacements. I hope I can get the hang of watering them correctly!