Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you doing? I arrived home from New York yesterday (I snapped the photo above near my hotel in Tribeca). It was such a good trip! I’m definitely on a post-travel high. That said, it felt wonderful to wake-up and go through the usual morning routine today — packing lunches and getting little June dressed and cooking breakfast and putting in some laundry. Sometimes getting to go through my usual day feels like such a treat. And I know I wouldn’t feel that way if I didn’t get breaks now and again. It has me counting my blessings today. I’m a lucky girl!
Other fun news: this morning, my sister-in-law Margaret Blair Young, the incredibly talented author and scholar came to town and we get to spend the weekend with her! She’ll be speaking about her work at an event on Sunday night. (Let me see if I can find a link with some info, for those of you who might want to attend.) How about you? Has it been a good week? Are you excited the weekend has arrived?
While I go put clean sheets on a bed for our guest, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
- Last chance! Today is the LAST DAY to enter the Get Messy Contest yet. If you win, I’ll be coming to your house to throw a big party with Mrs. Meyers Clean Day. And I really want to come to your house!
- Wow! These near and far perspectives on world landmarks is fascinating. Thanks, Bridget.
- Go ahead, let your kids fail.
- The Iris Award Nominees have been announced!
- A classic nursery for a baby boy.
- I’m kind of obsessed with my patent leather black penny loafers. I bought them for Alt Summit last January, and wear them almost every day. In New York, I wore them instead of black flats when I had lots of walking to do! But note: if you buy a pair, plan on breaking them in. They arrive stiff as can be. As soon as the black ones are worn out, I think I’ll get these gold versions.
- I don’t follow much celebrity news, but this threw me for a loop.
- No doubt I’m the last one to see this, but just in case – 24 Hours of Happy.
I hope you have a happy weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.