Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. We made it through another week — and some of us did it with a time change! Good job, everyone. I think we all deserve a really good weekend. : ) Maude has a track meet on Saturday, but other than that, we’re keeping things low-key. I’m sure there will be errands as usual, some work on the house (an electrician is coming on Saturday morning), and I’m hoping we can explore a new restaurant or two.
Last Friday, for Ben Blair’s birthday we took a food tour of The Mission district of San Francisco with some friends. Our second stop on the tour was a Vietnamese market where we ate a couple of different kinds of Bahn Mi sandwiches. They were my first bahn mi and I can’t stop thinking about them. So dang good! All week, we’ve been asking friends and neighbors for bahn mi recommendations here in Oakland, so we have a source closer to home. I think we’ll scope out a few places this weekend and see if we can find a favorite. How about you? Any fun plans?
While I finish up my work for the week, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Legos for Good. Thanks, Yvonne.
– Genius! Ping pong ball café lights.
– Maude found this one: What Languages Sound Like to Foreigners.
– An art collection + 3 kids. Thanks, Allysha.
– I’m not bossy. I’m the boss.
– How Anthropologie searches out cool products in Africa. Thanks, Jeannine.
– A cozy nursery in an unusually shaped room.
– I love the idea of making 3 specific spring goals.
– Happy Pi Day!
– Are public schools disappearing?
– Colin Powell’s selfie from 60 year’s ago.
– Tiny, adventurous Mini-Fig photographers. Love this! Thanks, Leah.
– St. Patrick’s Day is on Monday! I shared these last week, but I’m re-sharing in case you missed — 7 cute St. Patrick’s Day crafts for kids. Plus, 11 really good recipes for your St. Patrick’s Day dinner!
I hope you have a happy weekend. I’m wishing you wonderful weather. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.