Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you doing? Was it a good week for you? At our house it was one of our family’s birthday weeks — Maude’s birthday was on Tuesday, and Ben Blair’s birthday is today! This evening, we are celebrating by taking a foodie tour of The Mission district in the city. Should be really fun! My gift to Ben: taking care of the school prep routines this morning so that he could sleep in. : ) On Saturday, we’ll be running errands and hopefully making some progress in the long-stalled boy’s room renovation. How about you? Any weekend plans?
Friends, I want to tell you how impactful your comments on my Mental Health Update were. Each one was a reminder of how kind and supportive and smart and compassionate the members of this community are. For those of you in the middle of your own struggles (isn’t that everybody?), know that I’m thinking of you and wishing you health and peace. I can’t thank you enough for your kind words.
On a much lighter note, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- Bono’s rejection letter. Via Jesse.
- Woah. This new speed reading technology kind of blows my mind.
- Hey there musical lovers, here’s a trailer for a modern re-telling of Annie.
- A loonng article about the history of cool girls. I’d love to hear what you think of it.
- This memorial in Norway — I can’t stop thinking about it.
- A shared room for two little sisters.
- I’m floored by this article about fraternities. My university didn’t have fraternities so I’m unfamiliar with them. I confess, they’ve held a vague romantic mystery for me over the years, but now I’m quite disturbed. It’s a long article — you might want to bookmark it for later.
- Did you see this British Kevin Bacon ad?
- Oscar-winner Lupita Nuyong’o gave an incredible speech on beauty. Thanks Shannon.
- This looks cool: turn anything into a sippy cup.
- Oh. And one more — simple ideas for celebrating Spring Equinox. (Can you believe Spring is really coming? Winter hit the U.S. hard this year.)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.