Donut Valentines

February 10, 2014

I Like You a "Hole" Bunch.  |  Donut Valentine's by Design Mom  #freeprintable

By Gabrielle. Photos and styling by Amy Christie.

Every year, I try to come up with a really good last-minute Valentine idea. Something you can whip up the night before, long after the craft store has closed. This donut valentine is perfect! It will work with a fresh batch of heavenly Krispy Kremes, but will be just as charming with a box of “donettes” from the grocery store (or the gas station!).

This I think we can agree on: everyone loves donuts. So, if you want to win over your Valentine, the odds are in your favor that a ribbon-clad donut will do the trick.

I Like You a "Hole" Bunch.  |  Donut Valentine's by Design Mom  #freeprintable

This might appear to be a very simple Valentine and happily, I can tell you it most definitely is. Bonus? A free printable of the tags!

I Like You a "Hole" Bunch.  |  Donut Valentine's by Design Mom  #freeprintable I Like You a "Hole" Bunch.  |  Donut Valentine's by Design Mom  #freeprintable

So grab a dozen donuts (plus some extras because I can’t resist), and let’s get started.

I Like You a "Hole" Bunch.  |  Donut Valentine's by Design Mom  #freeprintable

Supplies:

- donuts
- glassine bags
- hole punch
- ribbon
- baker’s twine
- free printable tags

I Like You a "Hole" Bunch.  |  Donut Valentine's by Design Mom  #freeprintable

First, put donuts into the glassine bags. Try not to lick your fingers every time. Friends don’t like pre-licked donuts.

I Like You a "Hole" Bunch.  |  Donut Valentine's by Design Mom  #freeprintable

Fold the bag over and punch two holes. Thread the ribbon through and tie.

I Like You a "Hole" Bunch.  |  Donut Valentine's by Design Mom  #freeprintable

Cut out a tag from the downloadable document. Punch a hole, string it with baker’s twine and thread it through the same holes used for the ribbon.

I Like You a "Hole" Bunch.  |  Donut Valentine's by Design Mom  #freeprintable

See that? Simple as can be. And easily adaptable with grocery store items if you find yourself putting these together after hours. Happy making. And happy Valentine’s Day!

P.S. — Find more Valentine’s Day projects and posts here.

{ 3 trackbacks }

Donut Valentines with Design Mom | this heart of mine
February 11, 2014 at 12:00 pm
Happy Valentine’s Day! » Modern Baltimore MD Family & Childhood Photography by Sarah Cambio
February 14, 2014 at 9:32 am
Last Minute Valentine's Day Ideas - Simple Sojourns
February 14, 2014 at 9:59 am

1 CAROLINE HACKER February 10, 2014 at 7:15 pm

VERY CLEVER. HERE’S ANOTHER ONE TO SAHRE

I AM ALWAYS A GLUE-GUN AT THE LAST MINUTE FOR EVERYTHING KINDA MOM- BUT THIS YEAR I CAME UP WITH ‘WANT S’MORE VALENTINE?’ WITH MINI S’MORES (1/4 OF A GRAHAM CRACKER SQUARE, 1/3 OF A MARSHMELLOW AND 1 TEENY CHOC. SQUARE , THEN INTO OVEN FOR 30 SECONDS AND BOOM THERE IT IS)

2 Heidi February 10, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Hi Gabrielle,
this isn’t your usual comment, I would think, but the ad appearing at the top of your blog looked sketchy. It looked to me like I was supposed to take the scissors and cut the straps off the woman’s bikini. I’m pretty sure that this isn’t one of your sponsors;) Maybe its my ISP and not your blog, but I thought that something may have hacked its way in. Or maybe I have a virus, but since I have a Mac, I wouldn’t think so. Anyway, I thought you would like to know.

3 Katherine February 11, 2014 at 6:52 am

Love this! Definitely going to bring up a box of donuts to the teachers’ lounge at my daughter’s school with this tag on it!

4 Jennifer February 11, 2014 at 10:29 am

What a cute idea! Katherine, you beat me to the response. Such a fun surprise for the teachers’ lounge. Definitely going to do this! Thank you, Gabrielle!

5 Melissa Camara Wilkins February 11, 2014 at 11:48 am

I love the glassine bags! Pretty wrapping makes little gifts SO much more fun. :)

6 Shannon { A Mom's Year } February 11, 2014 at 11:56 am

These are so cute! I really like the teachers’ lounge idea, too. (And what is it about red and white baker’s twine that makes everything look so special?)

7 margaux February 11, 2014 at 12:48 pm

so cute! i think i’ll do this with donut holes tho!

8 dawn :: peek photography + design February 11, 2014 at 6:55 pm

oh delish!! any excuse for doughnuts is good enough for me!