Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you doing? Any exciting plans ahead? My big project for the weekend is getting packed for Alt Summit. I fly to Salt Lake City on Sunday evening! I have an fun event with Cricut on Monday and Tuesday, and then Alt Summit begins on Wednesday. Very exciting!
Ben Blair will have the kids solo all next week. I know what a challenge that can be, so I like to get the laundry done and help plan the menus/stock up on groceries before I head out of town. I’m sure I’ll be doing a lot of that sort of stuff this weekend as well.
While I start my packing list, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:
- The world is beautiful. (Are you on this list? Wouldn’t you love to be?)
- Beyoncé’s short, to-the-point essay on gender equality.
- And Joseph Gordon Leavitt discusses being a feminist on Ellen.
- 100 years of fashion in 100 seconds. Thanks, Shannon.
- Some parts are stomach-churning to read, but I still recommend this article about women dealing with internet abuse, and the lack of options we have to respond.
- Mara’s essay on adoption and endurance.
- Three of my Babble posts from this month — celebrate the drop in temperatures with Cool Ice Projects, check out this super sweet Confetti Birthday Party, and here are 22 DIY Valentines For Classmates (get a head start on February!), .
Thank you for all the great conversations this week! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.