A Few Things

January 17, 2014

Lake Merritt in Oakland

Image and text by Gabrielle.

Hello, Friends! How are you doing? Any exciting plans ahead? My big project for the weekend is getting packed for Alt Summit. I fly to Salt Lake City on Sunday evening! I have an fun event with Cricut on Monday and Tuesday, and then Alt Summit begins on Wednesday. Very exciting!

Ben Blair will have the kids solo all next week. I know what a challenge that can be, so I like to get the laundry done and help plan the menus/stock up on groceries before I head out of town. I’m sure I’ll be doing a lot of that sort of stuff this weekend as well.

While I start my packing list, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:

- The world is beautiful. (Are you on this list? Wouldn’t you love to be?)

- Cute DIY necklace.

- Beyoncé’s short, to-the-point essay on gender equality.

- And Joseph Gordon Leavitt discusses being a feminist on Ellen.

100 years of fashion in 100 seconds. Thanks, Shannon.

- Cafémom posts from this month you may have missed — a nursery in a ‘shocking’ color, a nursery with a plaid theme, and a child’s bedroom that feels simply magical.

- There is nothing cuter than a sleeping babe. Except this. And this.

- Some parts are stomach-churning to read, but I still recommend this article about women dealing with internet abuse, and the lack of options we have to respond.

- Mara’s essay on adoption and endurance.

- Dreamy dreams.

- Three of my Babble posts from this month — celebrate the drop in temperatures with Cool Ice Projects, check out this super sweet Confetti Birthday Party, and here are 22 DIY Valentines For Classmates (get a head start on February!), .

Thank you for all the great conversations this week! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

{ 1 trackback }

A Return–Now With Bonus Expat Pro Tips! | Pure Pulp
January 22, 2014 at 3:34 am

1 Christy@SweetandSavoring January 17, 2014 at 7:27 pm

You have such an action-packed week coming up! When on earth will you have time to do your last-minute prep for Alt Summit? You amaze me, as usual!
Love the gender links.
Have a great weekend!

2 Azra January 18, 2014 at 11:42 am

Have a wonderful trip. Is Alt Summit online as well?
xo

3 Shannon { A Mom's Year } January 18, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I looked at the schedule for ALT this year and was amazed to see how much content there is for writers! I would love to follow along with a conference attendee who is really focused on the writing aspect–via her blog, Twitter, etc. Any thoughts on how to connect?

Thank you for sharing Mara’s essay. I have a friend who will appreciate Mara’s words because she’s going through something very similar.

4 Tracy January 19, 2014 at 11:10 am

Gabriella!

Have a great time at Alt Summit, and I am so looking forward to your posts/Instagrams about your trip.
Thank you for post about your green beauty items. Waxelene is now part of our medicine cabinet, and I’m thrilled as I have a child who was practically addicted to Vaselene and Chapstick products. We also picked up a few other natural lip balms (Dr. Bronners & Badger brands) to switch over to completely natural products. They all smell amazing and I feel much better with us using these products.
Have a great time! We miss you already ;-)
-Tracy

5 Jessica P January 23, 2014 at 11:30 am

I would love to see cricut projects from you!