The Collective at The Honest Company

December 4, 2013

Organic Cotton Blanket by The Honest Company

This post is brought to by The Honest CompanyReceive a Free Trial Kit so you can try the products yourself!

honest logo

By Gabrielle.

You know I’ve been working with The Honest Company on posts from time to time, and a week or so ago I happened to be on their site pondering how many packs of dishwasher pods I should order, when I noticed a new-to-me menu tab labeled “The Collective”. Well, of course, I had to see what it was all about. And it’s awesome!

The Collective is full of collaborations between The Honest Company and other quality brands — exclusive designer must-haves for baby & home. High-performing and non-toxic, the products are made in partnership with artisans and brands who share Honest’s unwavering commitment to quality, healthier products.

I love this so much! I think collaborations between great brands make for great products. And speaking of great products, hunting for great gifts? (I know you are!) Honest now has even more wonderful options. Here are my favorites among their health, home & beauty products and from The Collective.

Gift Ideas from The Honest Company

1) Aromatic Soy Candle.
It’s available in 3 scents. My favorite is the Sweet Orange Vanilla. Gift one to your sister or dear friend.

2) Organic Cotton Knit Blanket.
Gentle and soft on baby’s skin, it’s hand knit by fair trade artisans in Peru. The polka-dots couldn’t be any cuter.

3) Wooden Giraffe Toy.
A safe, sweet toy for the tiniest tots in your life.

4) Lip Balm Trio.
For the stocking.

5) Organic Belly Balm.
A soothing gift for the expectant mother on your gift list.

6) Utility Tote.
For someone you want to splurge on! This is very limited edition. Only 500 were made. Such a handsome bag. Tough, roomy, organized, sophisticated — use it as a diaper bag and beyond.

7) Bear Hat.
Made from upcycled fabrics, no two hats are alike! That’s right. The one you buy will be one-of-a-kind. And your toddler will adore it.

8) Suds Up Dish Brush.
A handsome hostess gift for a holiday party, or any kitchen lover you’re shopping for.

9) The Essentials Gift Bundle.
A great gift for anyone who just moved to a new home — or anyone who you know would love to try Honest’s wares. It features 5 products, and the best part? You get to pick which 5 products to include!

{ 1 trackback }

Sunday Surfing: In the Snow | wishing for horses
December 8, 2013 at 9:40 am

1 Helen December 4, 2013 at 10:11 am

eh, i know they’re a sponsor and all, but the honest company have got the side-eye from me ever since they went after a little blog that had the nerve to use the word honest in its name, see a fun recap here: http://www.laineygossip.com/Jessica-Alba-looks-like-a-dumbass-against-The-Honest-Toddler/27604

2 Design Mom December 9, 2013 at 10:17 am

Hi Helen. You’ll be glad to know that the situation has been resolved. Here’s the statement Honest shared:

“In August, we arrived at an amicable agreement which protects both of our respective business interests today and in the future. We are grateful to both of our communities for their unwavering support and look forward to moving forward and doing what we each do best. Let us know if you have any additional questions!”

3 Brimful December 4, 2013 at 11:12 am

Helen , the trademark dispute between Honest Toddler and The Honest Company is unfortunate and I hope it will be resolved in a mutually agreeable manner. Bunmi Laditan is hilarious and I love her blog! At the same time though, The Honest Company makes phenomenal products that simply don’t compare to anything else in the marketplace. I’ve used their diapers since they first launched two years ago…hands down the best diapers I’ve ever used in the last 7 years of parenthood.

4 Christie December 4, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I get what you are saying, Brimful. It’s hard. There are many products out there that are great. I just really feel like the only power I have in this world (at times) is the power of my dollar. And I want to use that power to the wisest way possible, which means not supporting corporations that I think do not deserve it.

5 Christie December 4, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I also have avoided purchasing anything from this company because of their shady practices. I’ve done some trademark law in my years of legal practice, and I think that the Honest Company is completely off-base in attacking the Honest Toddler in this trademark dispute. When it gets resolved favorably to the Honest Toddler, I may then consider purchasing from this corporation.

6 Design Mom December 9, 2013 at 10:20 am

Hi Christie. It’s my understanding that the dispute was resolved amicably last August. I’m sure both parties are glad it’s sorted out.

7 Brimful December 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Christie, I totally respect that! I have my own personal “do not support” list too. Let’s hope Honest Company will resolve the trademark issue and make us all fans again.

8 Design Mom December 9, 2013 at 10:18 am

Good news! The issue was resolved amicably in August. You can see the statement from Honest regarding the resolution in an earlier comment. Sigh of relief.