Eloise Renouf

December 4, 2013

Eloise Renouf Print

By Gabrielle. Prints by Eloise Renouf.

I’ve mentioned this too many times, but I always thought I would end up with a career as a pattern and textile designer. Alas, so far I have not made time to even attempt this. But that doesn’t mean I don’t follow pattern designers like I’m part of a crazy fan club. My latest obsession is Eloise Renouf. I was introduced to her work when we used her trees on the sample cutting boards we featured last week. A reader commented with a link to her Etsy shop and I hopped over to check it out. And then kept clicking. And clicking.

Eloise Renouf Tree Print Eloise Renouf Dishtowel

She designs all sorts of nature-inspired patterns. Clouds and birds and flowers and leaves. And there are geometric patterns too. Circles, triangles and color blocked squares. But my favorite are the trees! I don’t what it is, but I can’t get enough of her woodland prints (especially this one and this one). I think one of these definitely needs to hang on the wall of The Treehouse. Plus, I’m probably going to need to order this dishtowel.

Tell me: Have you ever become particularly enamored with the work of an artist or designer? If yes, who was it? And did you end up buying a sample of their work? I’m so curious!

{ 1 trackback }

Holiday Gifts for Kids
May 14, 2014 at 9:33 am

1 Kate December 4, 2013 at 8:12 am

Beautiful! There’s an amazing Cornish watercolourist called Kurt Jackson (www.kurtjackson.com) who paints rugged seascapes and coastlines, whose work I adore; I bought one of his pictures with my first ever ‘proper’ paypacket (a very small painting, and it cost every penny of it), and still follow his exhibitions, even though I could never afford to invest again. I know what you mean about falling for an artist’s work and style.

2 Angela December 4, 2013 at 9:49 am

I’ve fallen head over heals for the folks over at http://www.strawberryluna.com/

I first found their etsy shop a while ago. There is something about their work that I’m really taken by. I haven’t purchased anything from them yet, but I am desperately hoping that a set of all four cardinal prints will be under the Christmas tree for me this year. And if ever any member of my family has a baby, there will definitely be some of the animal alphabet posters on the wall of the nursery.

3 Charlotte December 4, 2013 at 11:28 am

I love Eloise’s designs, so fun!

4 rachelle December 4, 2013 at 12:32 pm

oooh, great post and topic. (and I’m sure you would have made an amazing textile designer – or will, when you turn your attention to it!)

here are two of my very favorite artist/illustrator obsessions. Felicita Sala is based in Rome and I get totally lost in blog, which she posts on infrequently but when she does it’s always so evocative. she sells some of her whimsical and lovely artwork – I have two of her illustrated recipe prints and everyone always comments on how cool they look in our house.

and I also fell in love with the work of Kate Pugsley which has a sweetness but also some kind of mystery to it. I have three of her prints of woman in swimwear in small black frames and i love how the three of them look together.

can’t wait to see what other readers link to!

5 Alexandra December 4, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Thanks, just bought the clouds print.

6 Nan December 4, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I love pattern as much as you do and have discovered an amazing artist in my docent group her in Long Beach California. Her name is Suzanne Gibbs and her work can be viewed at suzannegibbs.com. I am saving up to purchase some of her work.

7 nan December 5, 2013 at 6:44 am
8 Teresa December 4, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Beautiful!

9 Bethany December 4, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I am always looking for inspiration like this. Love these prints!!

10 Jennifer December 4, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Gorgeous! I’ll definitely be ordering something….

11 Carolyn December 4, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I found artist Geninne Zlatkis through her fabric line for Cloud 9 and love every single one of her birds. Now I am waiting patiently for the opportunity to own an original.

12 Joy Newton December 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Thank you for sharing this ! These designs are truly beautiful and inspiring! I have seen Eloise’s work in the past, and she continues to draw me in,…including today after your post :)! xo

13 Corinne December 4, 2013 at 9:57 pm

I love her work – also brings out the closet textile designer in me! Reminds me a bit of Heather Moore of skinnylaminx.com here in South Africa. You would love her designs.

14 Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll December 5, 2013 at 9:57 am

I love, love, love Charley Harper. I have the ABC board book and read it with my 3-yr old (even though he knows all his letters) just to see the pictures. I have been searching for a print of the blue crab on the C is for Crab page but have not been able to find one. I think nature-based prints and artwork almost always catch my eye.

15 SHC December 5, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Tom Killion’s woodcuts are gorgeous. He’s in the Bay Area, holds open studios, and is a really nice guy.

16 Mary December 6, 2013 at 4:51 am

Did you know that Eloise has a new book out?! 20 Ways to Draw a Tree! Great for grownups and Tweens in up! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592538371?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

17 Inga December 11, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Thanks to your post I checked out Eloise. I ended up ordering the print Five Fish. It just arrived and it is beyond beautiful. Thanks for the heads up.

18 Laura December 12, 2013 at 3:19 am

I have 3 prints and a tea towel in my house – I love her work. Eloise is lovely too!