Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hi Friends! How are you? I feel like I deserve some big badge of honor for making it to Friday this week. Hah! I always feel like that when Ben Blair is out of town. And then I instantly think of my sister, who has been running the house solo for months and months while her husband is in Afghanistan and I remember what a champ she is (and that I’m a huge wimp). But still, I will be delighted when Sunday comes and Ben gets home.
In other news, our floors have mostly been prepped and sanded now! On Monday, there will be some finish sanding, and then some bleaching. (Did I tell you I’m going for a white-washed look? I’ll try to write up a post about it next week.) Staining and sealing will happen after that. So our camping in the upstairs of the house (and having no kitchen) will continue through next week. Exciting!
While I put away sleeping pads and blankets for the day, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– The reviews on this ($40,000!) TV are hilarious. I’m dying.
– Seth Godin’s words about Nelson Mandela.
– Mesmerizing. A ski trip in the forest. Thanks, Jared.
– This wood-trimmed nursery radiates calm.
– Cool Mom Picks has a fresh new look on their site. I love it. (Congrats Liz and Kristen!)
– Thoughts about raising sons.
– Complaining as a strategy is no good. I need to be reminded of this constantly.
– Not Martha’s Kinder Egg a Day series made me smile!
– I’m late putting together an advent calendar this year, but want to tackle the project this weekend. Here are 16 DIY ideas.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I hope you’re warm and cozy, and that there are yummy spices simmering on the stove. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.