Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. How are you doing? Was it a good week for you? Are you looking forward to the weekend? We have fun stuff happening this weekend and I’m glad for it. There’s a home project that I’ve been working with Ikea on, and I hope to finish it this weekend and share it with you next week. Plus, we’re going to take advantage of the 3-day weekend (do your kids have school off for Veteran’s Day?), and film 2 Olive Us episodes. We haven’t filmed since June, so I’m really looking forward to it!
Lastly, I’m sure the kids will be hanging out on the backyard ropes this weekend as well. (The photo above was taken in the evening — we have a big spotlight we can shine on the trees.) Their climbing skills are improving rapidly! While I put all the climbing gear in order, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- The McDonald’s Theory: A bad first step makes the second step easier.
- Gorgeous DIY wrapping paper.
- The Arcade Fire Interactive Video for Reflektor. (Fun fact: Ben Blair took Ralph, Maude and Olive to the Bridge School Benefit Concert last month and Arcade Fire was the headliner. The kids can’t stop talking about how good the concert was!)
- Heartbreaking: A husband photographs his wife’s experience with cancer.
- Stately tees and posters. These would make fun gifts.
- This what a nursery created by a graphic designer looks like.
- Mothers with one-day-old babies. Love!
- Get a head start on the menu: 21 Thanksgiving Recipes guaranteed to please.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday for Veteran’s Day. I miss you already.
P.S. — I’ve been making too-slow progress on the mental health front, so I’m starting a round of anti-depressants today. Crossing my fingers this will finally help me get back to normal. And feeling so grateful that this medicine is available!