Image and text by Gabrielle.
Friends, it’s November! We made it. We made it through October. I don’t know how you feel, but November 1st feels like a triumph to me. October might be my favorite month — the ideal weather, the brilliant leaves, the pumpkin cookies. But when Halloween night ends, I’ve usually maxed out my ability to have conversations about costumes or candy or trick or treating. For me, it’s always delightful to say hello to Halloween on October 1st, and equally delightful to say goodbye to Halloween on November 1st. How about you?
While I take down the Halloween decor and box up the costumes, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:
- Do you live near any urban farms?
- The right hand sidebar is updated with lots of November goodness. Take a look!
- The good, the bad and the ugly about GMOs (genetically modified food).
- A nursery with terrific thrift store finds.
- I need new jeans. I think I’ll stick with my favorite pair from The Gap. What are your tried and true favorite jeans these days?
- Dinner inspiration — 16 soup recipes to warm you to your toes.
I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend, accompanied by a giant bowl of leftover Halloween candy. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — Are you watching the heart breaking news unfold at #LAX? I was just on the phone with my sister, Sara, and her husband is at LAX trying to catch a flight. He doesn’t know any more about what’s going on than what I’m seeing on the news, but of course, we’re bugging him for updates like crazy. So scary!