Tiny House Swoon

October 16, 2013

anthology-mag-blog-design-tinyhouseswoon-1 anthology-mag-blog-design-tinyhouseswoon-2

By Koseli. Discovered via Anthology.

It’s no secret I’m completely obsessed with miniature stuff. So when I happened upon a site completely devoted to small dwellings, I admit I let myself get giddily lost in the archive of Tiny House Swoon. For someone looking to downsize, live in a mobile-type-of-home, or vacation, this site is a total treasure. It’s also wonderful for garnering ideas about how to make an average room more multi-functional.

P.S. — Gabrielle is also obsessed with tiny houses. :) Here’s a tiny victorian cottage, candy-colored beach huts and mini houses from Texas.

1 Jacqueline October 16, 2013 at 9:05 am

Because your blog is new to me, I am not sure if you know about http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com so I am passing on this address just in case. We have been dreaming about one of these little homes for a long time and would like to go up to Sonoma sometime to see what they are like in real life.

2 Ginna October 16, 2013 at 9:50 am

Oh my, that site is addicting! So many amazing tiny houses, and I love the little story insights a few of them share about the families who built them and/or live there!

3 Grace@ Sense and Simplicity October 16, 2013 at 10:16 am

I have a thing for small houses/cabins/cottages too. It would be my dream to build or make-over a tiny cabin some time in my life. I’m constantly planning them in my head – spent the summer working on a version of Thoreau’s Walden’s Pond cabin in my head. I’m off to check out the website.

4 Kathryn Millard November 19, 2013 at 8:47 am

We have a turn of the century( 1900′s) cabin that we had moved to our lot about 10 years ago. It is darling and ready to be moved again. I have had quite a number of inquiries from the kiijii listing and one lady suggested I look at this website. I am not sure where you live. We are in Innisfil, Ontario. If you would like me to send pictures and details, please contact me.

5 kate October 16, 2013 at 11:31 am

Sweet! My dream is to pack it all up and live in a tiny house on the water some day…but for now 950 square feet for 5 of us (and a 105 pound lab) across the street from the water is pretty close!

6 Claire (@Kurea_San) October 16, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Owning a tiny house would definitely mean a simplified lifestyle. I think the most appealing thing about the house in your pic is the fact that it’s in the middle of nowhere. Perfect holiday material. But does it have wifi? ;)

Claire xx

7 Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll October 16, 2013 at 12:01 pm

It certainly makes me think twice about complaining about not having enough space in MY house! Great inspiration for making small spaces more functional and efficient too–something I’m working on here!

8 giulia October 16, 2013 at 1:18 pm

This is BEAUTIFUL, Koseli! I am from Barcelona, Spain, but we just sold our house and moved to Washington DC. I would love to have a tiny house like that somewhere in the Mediterranean Coast, just to keep a connection to those places I loved and used to go to the beach in the summers. Maybe after college?

9 Dale Coykendall October 16, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I love reading the tiny house entries.
I love to plan how small we can go. Thanks!
(but not in Vermont, to go small I will need more year round outside)

10 Jen October 16, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I simply love tiny homes and I’m so glad that they are getting (and have gotten) shout-outs here. Right now I’m living in a 360 square foot apartment in Manhattan with my husband and daughter. We share a room and use a makeshift trundle bed to make room for us all. While we currently pay for this small space what we would for a castle and a moat elsewhere, I find myself pretty content and not too sure I want much of an upgrade should we move somewhere more affordable.