Lunch Menu #10

October 28, 2013

pretzel bread + salami sandwich

By Lindsey Johnson of Café Johnsonia for Design Mom.

Have you ever bought pretzel rolls? I never had until the other day. My husband and kids went crazy for them. They are the perfect vehicle for a salami and cheese sandwich — a little more substantial than other rolls. So that’s what I’ve used here in Menu #10 of our Lunch Box Series. It’s another basic lunch menu that seems to be popular at our house. (Anyone else have salami fiends living with them?) A new thing we tried were new-to-us smoothie mashups. My girls really loved this blueberry-purple carrot flavor a lot. I think I’ll be stocking up on more of them. (The tops are recyclable.)

LUNCH MENU #10
- salami and cheese sandwich on pretzel bun
blueberry smoothie mashup
- pear
- celery sticks
- pita chips
- water

SOURCES
- Dabba Walla lunch bag
- Fluf snack pack
- Blue Avocado zippered snack bag
- Lunch Blox
- Camelbak water bottle (thanks for the recommendations!)

1 Bambi October 28, 2013 at 8:06 am

That looks so great…when I see that I wanna be a kid again!

In case it’s as rainy where you are as it is here in Germany, we’re remebering sunnier days today:

Have a wonderful day,

Bambi and Birdy

2 Lucy October 28, 2013 at 11:05 am

Love my camel back! Funniest thing though was watching my boyfriend struggle to figure out how to get the water out. Life can be hard sometimes! :)

3 Lucy October 28, 2013 at 11:08 am

Oops! Didn’t mean to make it a reply! But now I’ll go check out your blog Bambi!

4 Elizabeth N. October 28, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Last year the hubby and I were staying in a hotel room and didn’t want to go out to eat so we bought a few groceries at the store. We picked up salami (a favorite of mine), some sort of spicy cheese, crackers, and grapes. The husband decided to eat the grapes on top of his crackers, salami, and cheese. He kept telling me how good it was so I finally gave in and tried it. SO GOOD! But we have yet to convince any of our friends to try it.

As for the pretzel rolls, I have been debating whether to try them. I think you about have me convinced.

5 Kate M October 28, 2013 at 6:39 pm

MMMM! I will definitely be using this lunch idea for my son! Thanks for the idea:)

6 charity October 29, 2013 at 9:39 am

Great ideas for the kids. I like them for me too! It’s so easy to get in a lunch rut.