Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! I’m back from New York. I arrived late last night and was so happy to wake up and realize it was Friday. I know that’s cliché, but the feeling is oh so real! : ) This weekend, we have a few Halloween celebrations happening. So today, as soon as I hit publish on this post, I’ll be running errands to seek out the costume details we’re missing — things like black tights in June’s size, a green turtleneck for Betty, and hair paint in black and white.
Running errands here is one of those things that feels so different from what I experienced in France. Here, I know which shops carry which sorts of items, I know what to expect as far as customer service and returns go, and the biggest difference: I speak fluent English!
While I work through my shopping list, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- I love how Kacy writes about parenting. (This made me cry.)
- Ben Blair sent me this video about strangers posing together.
- Authenticity is not a look. (Favorite sentence: “Authenticity can be captured by a photograph taken in a certain moment, but it can’t be constructed for a photograph.”)
- Do you have Halloween parties coming up too? Well here are 17 Spooky Delicious Treats for party-goers (and quite a few are healthy!)
- An essay about loss that made me weep and laugh like a crazy person.
- A sophisticated, vintage grey nursery.
- She responds to her critics with such humor and grace, doesn’t she?
- The Ethnic Label.
- 12 cute reasons why heels are worth it.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Trunk or treating! Halloween parades! After-party messes as you wash the hair paint out! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — You guys. In New York, I was shopping for winter boots to use as props for the Lowe’s event, and I saw these Tori Burch boots at Bloomingdales. I didn’t buy them (out of budget), but they are so freaking cute I just had to share! Red pom poms!