Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. I thought I would be waving to you from Palm Springs when I hit publish on this post. My friend, Caroline, visiting from France, was going to join me on a last minute trip to the amazing Camp Mighty. Alas, when we tried to catch our early flight this morning, we discovered BART (public transportation) was on strike, wreaking havoc on all transportation routes, and we missed our flight. Bummer. So instead, we’re making plans to visit Santa Cruz tomorrow. Not as fun as getting to see my dear friend Laura Mayes, but definitely a happy, beachy alternative!
How about you? What are you up to this weekend? While I try to figure out if we can see redwoods and Santa Cruz in the same day, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- An app that helps you remember your dreams, and also determines the best time for you personally to wake up without feeling groggy.
- Childbirth made me love my wife’s body even more.
- Skeleton Wall Hangings. Just the sort of thing I would love for Halloween decor!
- A memoir by Elizabeth Smart that looks really interesting.
- Nature is so cool! Mechanical Gears in Jumping Insects.
- House Rules, step-by-step.
- The number one thing Caroline’s kids want her to bring back? Uggs! They’re very popular in France this year, but the prices are higher there. Have you ever owned a pair?
- Another article that might convince you to get in the picture.
- How to draw monsters — it’s all about the hair and horns. Who knew? Draw one and add it to your child’s lunch for a fun surprise. Thanks, Sara.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend wherever you are (somewhere wintery? somewhere summery?). And I want to say thank you for all the good conversation this week. I always love reading your comments! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — I’ve had so much fun having some tourist time in San Francisco with Caroline. I’ve been instagramming like crazy — including the image of sea lions at top.