A Few Things

October 5, 2013

Masks on Artwork for Halloween

Image and text by Gabrielle.

Hello, Friends! How are you? Are you up for a Saturday edition of my weekend link list? Yesterday’s work time was cut short — because we ended up taking out the three-quarter wall in the kitchen! Very exciting!! The space is so open now. Makes me feel like we have endless options. I’ll write more about it next week, but in the meantime, you can see updates on Instagram.

We have some fun stuff going on this weekend. A cross-country meet for Maude. A marching band performance for Ralph. A breakfast with friends for Olive. I’m going to spend the weekend sketching a thousand layouts and possibilities for the kitchen. And Ben Blair is headed to Santa Barbara! The four Blair Brothers are taking their father on a road trip to his home town. Isn’t that wonderful? Makes me happy.

What are you up to this weekend? In case you need a little added excitement, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share:

- Did you hear? Domino is back.

- I love this: It’s #Socktober!

- A nursery filled with stars.

- Remember Laura’s home tour? Well she just launched Kid & Coe, a company dedicated to simplifying family travel. Check it out.

- Mom texts.

- A Dr. Pepper Party!

- I’m almost out of my favorite French beauty product, Nuxe Oil, but (hooray!) found some at Bloomingdales.

- Really cool: DIY ipad cases made from canvas artwork.

- What your husband should be wearing.

- Authentic crepes with Stephmodo.

Fall dinner party inspiration.

- I’m hosting a fun Instagram photo contest with Pop & Lolli. Have you entered yet?

I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — Thank you so much for the comments and conversation on my post about Mary Lu. Seriously. I so appreciate your thoughts!

1 Grace @ sense and simplicity October 5, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Exciting stuff that knocking down wall is! It looks wonderful to have the views to the window and the light coming into the kitchen.

Have a good weekend.

2 melody October 5, 2013 at 7:04 pm

It’s killing me — what Matisse sketch is this?

3 Liliana October 5, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I love to see home remodels. I hope you can post some before and after pictures so we can rejoice with you. On a side note, I was thinking of you when Elder Holland was giving his talk on the Saturday afternoon session. You and so many others are loved and watched over… <3

4 Brimful October 6, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Our Friday blog post mentioned Domino mag’s return too. It’s so so so exciting…I cannot wait to lose myself in the newest issue!

5 Heena October 6, 2013 at 2:46 pm

You know Gabrielle your blog is a pleasure to read. Your honesty towards life, on raising so many children, on dealing with your mental condition and being able to talk about it openly is remarkable. Raising one kid is hard, you have, touchwood raised six (isn’t it?) and that’s a feat. You deserve a lots of pampering and hugs.
Lots of love and prayers!

6 Celeste & Pearl October 6, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Did you see that tonight is the last night of Bloomies Friends and Fam sale? And we agree; your blog truly is a pleasure to read! Have a great week!

Warmest,
Liz and Lo
{celesteandpearl.blogspot.com}

7 christy October 8, 2013 at 7:55 am

thanks for all the great inspiration and ideas. love love love the kid & coe, we have 6 kids so its nice to find places to fit us all and fun for them when we travel.