When It Rains, It Pours

September 16, 2013

By Gabrielle. Rainboots pinned here.

My heart beats faster for those experiencing the flooding in Colorado. I read somewhere that over 800 people are still unaccounted for, which hopefully (hopefully!) only means there’s been no way for them to contact their loved ones. Still, I’m sure there are those not touched by a single drop of rain who are drowning in worry.

For those of you on the ground in the midst of the flooding, if there are ways to help, I hope you’ll let us know. We want to help!

1 Erika September 16, 2013 at 1:15 am

Praying for the people of Colorado – that all people unaccounted for are safe and will find their loved ones soon. (((((hugs)))))

2 Raquel September 16, 2013 at 4:57 am

Thank you–we’re in one of the hard hit towns and it’s shockingto see what has happened here. But compared to some of the nearby mountain towns and other communities where people are still stranded we are doing well. It’s always amazing how human kindness thrives in moments of crisis like this.

3 Jen September 16, 2013 at 7:04 am

We’ve been watching these events from the sideline of Denver. These communities are forever changed and still under duress. Here is a link to some ways we can all help:

4 Cheryl Markel September 16, 2013 at 10:46 am

HI Gabriella! We are in the middle. It has been an intense and exhausting few days. Thank you for wishing to help! I think money donations to help rebuild for those who have lost their home is key…. and prayers. The damage is mind boggling, so even a few bull dozers sent this way would be helpful. Facebook seems to be more informative than the news, at least in my circle of friends. Also, this link may offer some guidance, but my guess is sending donations directly to the cities (Boulder, Longmont, Jamestown, etc…) will find it’s way quicker. I know of at least one school which is in dire need of some help… Crestview Elementary, 2 blocks to the east of where I sit. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cS2JL4hgvg&feature=share)

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_24100484 (how to help)

Thank you again and much much love to all!!!
xo,
-Cheryl

5 Katie September 16, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Hi Gabrielle,

Thank you for this post! Here’s (http://bit.ly/169pN8H) what we sent out to friends and clients who were asking about local organizations and how to follow what’s happening on the ground out here.

I’m sure there are other really great organizations, too, but these are just the ones on the top of our list.

Best,
Katie

6 Tasha September 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Great information – thank you!
Prayers said for and love sent to all of you suffering.

7 Teresa September 16, 2013 at 10:33 pm

We are in Littleton and thankfully escaping the worst of the damage. Our roof got hit with hail about a month ago so we are dealing with drips and water on our floors. However, it is nothing to what the people in Boulder and surrounding areas up there are dealing with. I have friends from there that may end up staying with me. The weird thing is that I was living in Nashville in 2010 when we had the flood there.

8 Kimberly September 16, 2013 at 11:12 pm