Salvador Dalí and the Twelve Signs of the Zodiac

September 3, 2013

Salvador Dali Zodiac Salvador Dali Zodiac Salvador Dali Zodiac

By Koseli. Images via Brain Pickings.

I admit I am wholly unfamiliar with the zodiac calendar — I only know my sign. But these fascinating lithographs by Salvador Dalí have me curious and wanting to learn more.

Do you know your sign? Do you follow the Zodiac, or read a daily horoscope? Do you find similarities between yourself and others with the same sign? I’d love to hear!

Salvador Dali Zodiac Salvador Dali Zodiac

1 Raleigh-Elizabeth September 3, 2013 at 6:26 am

*gasp* I LOVE these.

2 Marija Taraba September 3, 2013 at 6:58 am

I am amazed how many similarities people of same zodiac sign have!! After just few hours talking to someone I can tell which sign they are! I was wrong maybe once or twice! But, I do not read daily horoscope though!
And these Salvador Dali’s ilustrations are completely new to me!!! Thank you for sharing them…

3 Kathy September 3, 2013 at 7:55 am

He was my favorite artist all through high school and college. I saw a great exhibit in San Fran with his illustrations. Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

4 Design Mom September 3, 2013 at 2:04 pm

My dear friend, Laurie Smithwick of Leap Design, has ready working knowledge of the zodiac signs and the personality traits associated with each. She’s taught me a bunch! And I find it so fascinating. I’m a Gemini, and I fit the profile well!

5 Robin September 3, 2013 at 5:45 pm

These are so neat! I love Dalí! I am not too familiar with the characteristics of the Zodiac signs, maybe because I don’t feel like I exhibit many from my own. I might be more interested to learn if I thought it was “right-on”… I do, however, feel like a Dragon, which is my Chinese Zodiac year. I’ve been pegged as a Dragon by people who guess, but never a Virgo. Go figure.

6 Crystal September 8, 2013 at 11:48 am

Love these prints!!

7 http://www.calameo.com/read/002622159291966839ccb October 7, 2013 at 6:07 am

Such a purifier has multiple functions, from which you can benefit a lot.
Simply place the unit in a central location in your home and select
the desired cleaning setting to match the size of your environment as well
as fan speed and Fresh – Air Surround’s mold-killing vapor will arrest mold growth in as little as
2- 4 hours. Yet not all deliver and some do more harm than good.