Olive Us: Fruit & Veggie Kabobs

September 20, 2013

fruit and veggie title

By Gabrielle.

Oh you guys. I have mixed feelings about sharing another Olive Us episode because it’s so awful that it can’t be viewed outside of the U.S.A. yet. But. The good news is, we received an update from ulive that the problem will be solved — and that we’ll have a worldwide-friendly video player — very soon. I will be sure to post links to all the latest videos as soon as the new player is available! In the meantime, for those of you who can’t view it yet, please accept my apologies.

And for those of you who can view it, I hope you’ll enjoy it! We had so much fun filming this episode. What a delight it was to arrange and sort all that gorgeous produce. And the kabobs turned out so charming! Take a peek.

P.S. — Feel free to subscribe to the Olive Us Newsletter! Ben Blair sends one out each week. It’s lots of fun.

1 plum September 20, 2013 at 9:16 am

Oh!, those perfectly blushing cheeks and sparkling lips and top knot and pony…!!

Your style squad is spot. on!

Favorite 1. June’s pepper bracelets.
Favorite 2. Maude’s dazzling blue eyes.
Favorite 3. Olive’s picture perfect face. what a beauty.

such lovely ladies.
yay Olive Us!
~ d.

2 Design Mom September 23, 2013 at 3:40 pm

You’re so sweet to acknowledge those details. We work hard on the little things and love when it pays off!

3 Angel September 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I love Olive’s dress! Where is it from?

4 Design Mom September 23, 2013 at 3:41 pm

A French store called Kiabi. It was part of their Easter collection.

5 Stella September 20, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Maude is such a mini you! Love it. And baby June’s skewer full of just blueberries cracked me up.

6 Design Mom September 23, 2013 at 3:41 pm

June’s blueberries get me every time!

7 BiTi September 21, 2013 at 9:13 am

Adorable ! I also love the flower lesson, we must have been there at about the same time this year. Even Keukenhof tulips aren’t quite out yet (except in the green house ). Here’s the post on the Keukenhof where ole’ adults can have fun in the garden too :).

I am also curious as to why you don’t post the videos on youtube as well so they can be seen outside of the US?

Cheers!
BiTi

8 Design Mom September 23, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Isn’t that frustrating? It wasn’t part of the plan. We didn’t realize the video player ulive uses doesn’t work outside of the U.S. until the site launched. But the happy news is, they’re working on getting a multi-national video player for Olive Us and they’ve almost got it sorted out.

I’ll be sure to announce when it’s all set!

9 Kelly September 21, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I saw probably the first episode and thought “cute” but didn’t pay much attention to the Olive Us videos. I was here for the blog posts ;0)

However, I recently showed a couple to my little boys and they love all the episodes now (oh, except the ghost one, my littler guy did not like that one). Obviously, now I enjoy them too.

My favourite moment is still the little interaction between Olive and Oscar during the Lemonade Stand and then her imagining running around like a cowgirl. Ha ha.

10 Design Mom September 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Glad to hear your family is enjoying the videos, Kelly! Makes me happy.

11 Petra September 23, 2013 at 11:46 am

I had been looking forward to seeing this one since the sneak peeks on Instagram! Must have been really fun to make, as I’m sure they all are. The girls are all beautiful (love that dress on Olive!) and I love the delicious ending : )

12 Design Mom September 23, 2013 at 3:47 pm

It’s true. Something about the colorful produce and the party dresses made this an especially fun one to film!

A behind-the-scenes tid bit: We filmed in the studio at La Cressionnière and it was quite chilly in there that day, so under those party dresses, they girls wore thick leggings. And between takes they would sit by the radiator with blankets over their shoulders!