Meet Olive Us!

September 6, 2013

Meet Olive Us

By Gabrielle.

Woo hoo! I mentioned last week about Olive Us teaming up with ulive, and now the videos are live!! Visit the Olive Us page on ulive to see tons of new episodes. And I’ll be sharing 1 episode each week here as well.

For this week’s episode, I’m sharing Meet Olive Us. It’s a sweet little introduction to each of our kids — and to the Olive Us series.

The team at ulive had the idea to make an intro video for their viewers who might be new to Olive Us. And we thought that was brilliant! Tiger in a Jar ran with the concept and we’re nuts for what they came up with. The super cool title illustration is by Clayton Thompson.

I hope you check it out! It’s off-the-charts charming, I promise.

P.S. — The videos are not currently accessible outside the U.S. Ugh. We are working on it. So sorry! And thanks for your patience as we get it sorted out. As a temporary workaround, using a VPN (which I write about here) should let you access them.

{ 1 trackback }

Love Links | in backyards
September 6, 2013 at 8:48 pm

1 Ginna September 6, 2013 at 11:55 am

I watched Meet Olive Us last night – it was fantastic! The kids were adorable and so charming. I loved that you could see their individual personalities really shining through. I can’t wait to see some of the upcoming Olive Us videos, they are such fun!

2 sarah September 6, 2013 at 11:58 am

SO sad to see this is for US fans only! Your audience is so much broader. The world feels left out!

3 Jaime September 6, 2013 at 12:06 pm

You have a beautiful family. Can’t wait to see the other videos!

4 Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll September 6, 2013 at 12:14 pm

My 9-year old daughter LOVES Olive Us (so do I!). She will be so excited to see more episodes. :)

5 Janet September 6, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Great fun to Meet Olive Us! Loved the intro video!

6 Mary September 6, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I’m a fairly new reader of your blog, and I have to admit that Meet Olive Us made me tear up a bit! I’m so impressed with you and your beautiful, charming family, and I loved getting to know each of the children a bit better. Thank you!

7 Kimberly September 6, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I don’t know if its the pregnancy hormones or what (28 weeks), but I got all misty at the end of this video. What a delightful series. :) I have read pretty much your entire blog, but I can’t remember if there have been any posts on sibling relationships. I’ll have to look. If not I would like a post talking about strategies to help one’s kids have great relationships with their siblings; your kids seem to really enjoy each other, and I want that for my kids!

8 macarena September 6, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Gaby, apparently the video is only available to viewers in the United States (and territories). Can you make some arrangements for your international fans :) besos

9 Kristen - Art History Mom September 6, 2013 at 2:33 pm

“Mom, can we watch it again?” Kolbe, age 6

10 Anna September 6, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I love all of the Olive Us movies, and wow! how much Maude is a mini-you.

11 Carlota Zambrano September 6, 2013 at 2:47 pm

You wont believe me but i just watched all of them! I loved them, ALL… so especial, so inspiring, so beautiful!
One thing, I noticed that some of them don’t have the credits at the end… Just in case you would like to know…

12 rachelle September 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm

oh, oh, oh, ohhhh!! so incredibly, wonderfully sweet! my 2.5 year old and i have watched many of the episodes (by his reaction he definitely thinks June is up for Best Actress award!). I thought I was done with two kids, but
seeing all of your children together gives me this urge to have four more immediately! (If I could skip the pregnancies and the newborn sleeplessness. :>)

Can’t wait to watch more! Thanks for sharing your family with us. What a treat and how inspiring for so many,

13 Collette September 6, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Wow. It’s like a Wes Anderson movie. I’ve only watched 2, but they are magical. It seems like a life only in the movies.

14 Jenny P September 7, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I seriously just said THE SAME THING to my husband.

15 Erin September 6, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Oh my word. Beautiful! I can’t wait to see more! My daughter would love theses, too.

16 jen September 6, 2013 at 3:22 pm

your kids just seem like lovely people. you must feel blessed to spend everyday with them!

17 Carter Higgins September 6, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Standing ovation! I want to curl up in Maude’s bookstack and it’s so dear how sweet #1 is with #6. So much love!

18 Bridget September 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm

This makes my ovaries hurt.

And while I’m sure your kids have the occasional tiff, it seems like they get along so well! I’d love if you could talk someday about fostering positive relationships between siblings.

19 Zoe - SlowMama September 6, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Oh, gosh, I just LOVE that Meet Olive Us video! So well done, so charming. Love that your children have such distinct personalities and talents, but are so bonded. Reminds me of my own family of origin. (There were nine of us!)

20 Kathy September 6, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Meet Olive Us is beyond adorable. You must pinch yourself each time you see it. Those are YOUR children. Just too cute.

21 Carrie @ HerOrganizedInspiredLife September 6, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Wow. You guys make me want to have a bunch of kids! Loved the latest film.

22 Tricia Whitworth September 6, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Yay – so wonderful to see the gang back! Maude is a girl after my heart (the book stacks, lovelovelove). Heck, they are ALL so creative and self-possessed. :)

This whole series is an ode to childhood (and beyond). . .

23 Katie September 6, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I’ve watched all of the Olive Us videos (many of them multiple times) and I think this might be my new favorite! I love watching all of their personalities come through! I can’t wait for the new episodes to come out.

24 Jennifer September 6, 2013 at 4:51 pm

We loved the video! My oldest son, Soren, asked when it finished: “Do they know us?” and then when I said no he asked that I write “Hi, I liked your video and I’d like to meet you!”

All best,

Jennifer

25 Amy W September 6, 2013 at 5:01 pm

This is absolutely adorable. Can’t wait to see more!

26 Amanda September 6, 2013 at 5:01 pm

So sad that we can’t watch these over here in Australia.

27 Jennifer Nichols September 6, 2013 at 6:40 pm

This series is just the sweetest—very West Anderson-esque. My 9 year old said she “reeeeally” liked it. Your family is beautiful and amazing.

28 cal September 6, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Love that Olive us video, also I hope you enjoy your stake, its the best, with the best stake president :)

29 Jen @ The Well Read Fish September 6, 2013 at 7:09 pm

It is so very Wes Anderson/Moonlight Kingdom.
Love it!

30 Janssen September 6, 2013 at 9:35 pm

This is just ridiculously charming.

31 Stacey September 6, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Why can’t we watch Olive Us in Canada?….Ug, it’s like torture, as we’ve seen all the episodes…. :)

32 Starr September 7, 2013 at 4:43 am

I just got the Only in the U.S. message, too. Sad.

33 Amy3 September 7, 2013 at 6:45 am

Love the video intro! It was great getting to hear the kids and learn a little more about each of them. Oscar’s favorite dance move? Very sweetly hilarious.

34 Victoria September 7, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Boo hoo – I’m in Canada and get a message that it’s only available to US viewers!

35 Julie September 7, 2013 at 1:36 pm

That was darling!

I don’t know why I haven’t watched any of these videos in the past – I think I have something against clicking to play (not just here, but everywhere – even in my email). So glad I finally did!

36 Beth September 7, 2013 at 5:41 pm

That was so precious. What a treasure.

37 julia September 7, 2013 at 6:37 pm

What a beautiful video! The kids are precious.

38 Kasia September 8, 2013 at 1:04 am

Wow Can I be as cool as your kids please?? This is so amazing and what a great memory they will have!! seriously beyond awesome.
xo, Kasia

39 Trish September 8, 2013 at 1:16 am

Adding my disappointment as well. Have followed your adventures throughout your French sojourn and feel disappointed that we can’t follow the kids adventures just because we live outside USA.

40 annie@mostlovelythings September 8, 2013 at 6:35 am

Oh my goodness…charming, lovely, beautiful, enchanting and of course very entertaining. I had to watch it twice back to back! What a wonderful way to start my day!
xo
annie

41 Leah September 8, 2013 at 6:20 pm

I love the Olive Us episode–it is incredibly charming and makes me want to be a part of your family! So excited to watch more.

42 Genevieve September 8, 2013 at 7:55 pm

So sorry they are not available to us in Canada. My kids love OliveUs and I’m glad I tested ulive before showing them this latest one. They would have been very disappointed Looking forward to the episodes being available outside the US! In the meantime, we’ll keep watching those on Vimeo. Their favourite episode is Kish, watched many, many times.

43 Allison Profeta September 8, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Am I the only one who can’t get it to play? I’m in the US – using Google Chrome – and tried several times over the weekend but it just won’t play. :-(

44 Tina September 8, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Awww. I can’t wait until you sort out the international viewing. I have been following your blog since you moved to France. It’s been a source of inspiration for me as my family just moved from California to Malaysia. I kept telling myself, if you can do it with your big family, we can do it with two little ones. Cheers!

45 zara September 9, 2013 at 8:17 am

hi
why only in the U.S ?why?

46 Jenn Sedor September 9, 2013 at 9:11 am

:( so sad to be missing it here in Canada.

47 Rebecca September 9, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Be still my beating heart- I loved it!! What darling children with darling personalities.

48 Stoich91 September 9, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Love love love it!!! They remind me of the Pevensies’ children from Narnia! Let them know – just awesome – hope to see more!

49 Liz Zorek September 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Oh! I just love you guys.

50 Shannon Bradley-Colleary September 10, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Oh Gabrielle — I looooved your video and immediately showed it to my daughters who are now insisting that I make one with them. Watching yours made me feel as if I were transported straight into a Wes Anderson movie, my favorite storyteller of allll time. xo S

51 Julie September 10, 2013 at 9:10 pm

We live in Canada and when we went to watch the videos we got a notice that only Americans (and territories) can watch the videos. :-( That makes us sad. We LOVE your vids. They’re wonderful!

52 Meghan September 11, 2013 at 1:50 am

Your kids are just so darn charming.

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks Olive is growing up to look more and more like Scarlet Johansson?

53 jeni leigh September 11, 2013 at 2:12 pm

oh this is just so wonderful!! what beautiful and diverse children you have!

54 tere September 13, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Oh! I wanna hack this ulive so badly! Please let us know when we’ll be able to watch them from around the world. I made the mistake to sit the kids at the table for a session and they were sooo disappointed :^(