Easy Peasy Veggie Fries Recipe

September 25, 2013

Bakes Veggie Fries Recipe. Easy! Great for kids.

By Gabrielle. Photos by Lindsey Johnson.

Here’s another post I wrote for Pottery Barn Kids new Building Blocks blog. It was created and published while we were still living the French life, and consuming many, many (probably too many) frites! I asked Lindsey of Café Johnsonia to help me come up with an alternative and I love her idea: baked and breaded veggie fries that offer a satisfying and flavorful crunch!

Bakes Veggie Fries Recipe. Easy! Great for kids.

You can find the full instructions and recipe on Building Blocks — and there’s a recipe for dipping sauce too. The best part? This recipe would work for pretty much any vegetables you have on hand. In fact, I think veggie fries are a wonderful way to use the fall harvest that’s overflowing at our local farmer’s market. Zucchini fries for the win!

P.S. — Here are a few other posts I contributed to Building Blocks, too: DIY You Are Special Today Plates (I mentioned these earlier this month), Summer Stripes, and Warm Weather Trends. They have so many great posts up from both staff and contributors! You can find the main page here.

{ 1 trackback }

Links We Love: 600,000 Toyota Minivans Recalled Across North America, | Child Mode
October 4, 2013 at 9:27 am

1 barchbo September 25, 2013 at 10:43 am

Genius! I have been looking for some healthy and interesting ways to serve veggies to my wee ones but even the best of people can only take so much roasted greens! Look forward to testing this out.

Seriously, when I started reading this blog I just liked you and checking out what you had to say. I had NO idea I would ever be mom and really need so many of things that I have learned on your site. THANK YOU for being such a great resource for me!

2 Amy3 September 25, 2013 at 12:53 pm

These sound delicious! I’ve already printed out the recipe to try at home. Can’t wait!

3 Carrie @ Her Organized Inspired Life September 25, 2013 at 1:21 pm

These look delish! They will be a great addition to my weight loss snack menu. I can’t wait to try them :-)

4 Amyks September 25, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Fries dipped in mayo are one of my favorite treats!!! These “fries” look delicious, I will definitely be trying them.

5 Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll September 26, 2013 at 7:26 am

I swear, just last night I was looking at the green beans in my fridge and thinking how I would like some tempura/breaded green beans! Perfect timing, thanks!

6 Kirsten September 26, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Thank you! I pinned the recipe and will actually make these! :)

7 Ahmad Ali October 2, 2013 at 8:08 pm

This is very healthy and wel looking recipie and I will try it for my 10 year old son. I am thankful for this post. Hope fully my son likes this too.