Image and Text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends! How are you doing? Are you ready for the weekend? I am full on gearing up, because this weekend feels like baptism by fire back into our American schedule. Americans like to keep busy!! In France, our weekends were almost entirely centered around the house and family outings, but our new life here means this weekend includes a sleepover, a party, a Cross-Country meet, ice skating with friends, a Jazz Band concert, haircuts for the boys, and the usual weekend tasklist (groceries, errands, etc). Hah! I remember those kinds of weekends from Colorado and New York, but it’s been awhile. And I’m sure many of you have similar weekends ahead! Happily, I woke up feeling really good and ready to embrace the next few days. Hooray for that.
While I make a weekend list so nothing slips through the cracks, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
– Waking up from surgery, a man realizes he has a pretty wife.
– Collaborating with a 4-year-old. Thanks, Meggan.
– My sister’s happy studio window.
– Ben Blair sent me this video about camouflage in the ocean. Watch the first 20 secs.
– A beautifully sweet pink nursery.
– Are you reading NYC Taught Me? She’s always funny, but her last few posts are especially killing it.
– 11 obsolete words that might still be useful.
– Apple cider donuts!
– I spent too much time last night searching out riding boots. I want to splurge on this pair at Nordstrom. (I wonder how much boot wearing happens in Oakland. Is it too warm?)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — We don’t think we’ll be able to fit in a date this weekend, so last night, Ben Blair and I made a late night visit to Giant Burgers for shakes. Yay Oakland!