Lotta’s Trees

August 22, 2013

Lotta's Trees Lotta's Trees

By Koseli. Illustrated prints by Lotta Olsson. Discovered via Fine Little Day

In light of Gabrielle’s recent post on finding the perfect house for their family (which they call The Treehouse!) and a P.S. that had us all empathizing and wishing she and her wonderful family R&R, I I have been searching for art and design that captures that feeling — the in-between time. The period between true summer and shimmering fall, the limbo just before you make the final steps, or the time when you’re in a new place but you’re not quite in the new place. I think we all understand that feeling. It can be exciting; it can also be painful and exhausting.

Swedish designer Lotta Olsson‘s illustrations of Seed Tree, August Tree, and Aspen Tree feel especially poignant and beautiful right now. I love how the spindly roots reach downward but still look like they’re floating, and the branches up top blossom and arch in surprising directions.

Lotta's Trees

1 Christy@SweetandSavoring August 22, 2013 at 7:31 am

These are beautiful! You always find such lovely things :)

2 Koseli Cummings August 22, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Thank you, Christy! Your blog is awesome. We love the Hudson Valley so much. Excited to follow your adventures!

3 Christy@SweetandSavoring August 23, 2013 at 9:19 am

Oh yay! I appreciate you clicking over to S&S!

4 Tasha August 23, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Love it too – I’m in the Hudson Valley – ♥
I added you to my Pinterest Lifestyle Blogs board!
I noticed your interest in non-plastics – something I’m trying to educate myself and family about lately. Look forward to more posts!

5 Giulia August 22, 2013 at 8:53 am

these are beautiful! i am in love with these, really:)

6 Koseli Cummings August 22, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Thank you Giulia! You’re always so sweet.

7 Tasha August 22, 2013 at 9:41 am

Wow, did you get it right!
“The period between true summer and shimmering fall, the limbo just before you make the final steps, or the time when you’re in a new place but you’re not quite in the new place. I think we all understand that feeling. It can be exciting; it can also be painful and exhausting.”
So true and applies to many situations. As I sit here preparing for another school year as a teacher, in between the free summer days I allowed myself this time, choosing my activities or not to be active, spending great amounts of time with my ill mother and family, laughing, breathing…your words strike me as true.
The artwork is clean, fresh, clear…they feel optimistic, organized and filled with energy that only green/life can offer. Thank you ♥

8 Koseli Cummings August 22, 2013 at 5:54 pm

You are so welcome, Tasha. So happy we’re on the same wavelength. I feel it too. My husband and I have several big things on the horizon, but we’re not quite there. It feels so good to be progressing but it’s also scary/exhausting/did I mention scary?

Best of luck in all you’re doing.

9 Elisabeth August 22, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I’m about to head off to college for my second year, and your words, “The period between true summer and shimmering fall, the limbo just before you make the final steps, or the time when you’re in a new place but you’re not quite in the new place. I think we all understand that feeling. It can be exciting; it can also be painful and exhausting” sum up what I’m feeling right now exactly. Although I’ve already spent a year at my college, it’s still a bit scary/sad/exciting/nerve-wracking.

10 Koseli Cummings August 22, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Elisabeth, yes yes yes. I felt that every year before a new school year began. Trepidation, hope, etc., etc. Those feelings stretch us and make us better people I think. Best of luck this year! We can do it. :)

11 Joslynn August 22, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Beautiful.

12 Koseli Cummings August 22, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Thank you, Jos. That means a lot coming from you.