Jacadi Essentials Sale

August 28, 2013

Jacadi Fall 2013

This post is brought to you by French clothing line, Jacadi. Get up to 20% off in their Fall Essentials Sale!

Jacadi Paris

By Gabrielle.

It has been so interesting to gather school clothes for the kids this year and consider how “French” to dress them. Should we add a scarf to this outfit? Is this dress casual enough for school or should I reserve it for church? Something I loved about living in France was dressing the kids in French clothing!

Luckily, I still have access to the beloved French children’s clothing line, Jacadi. And so do you! They have shops in most major U.S. cities, and even easier, an online shop as well. If you’re trying to get a sense of how a little French boy or little French girl dresses — for school, for the holidays, even on the weekend — taking a peek at the Jacadi displays will tell you everything you need to know.

Jacadi Essentials 2013

The style and styling of their clothing is quintessentially French. Very traditional lines with modern touches. Details that make each piece feel special. And so well made that you’ll be handing them down to your future grandchildren.

Right now through September 4th, Jacadi is running a sale on their Essentials Collection — great staples for a fall wardrobe and back-to-school. You can get 20% off! I love these gingham blouses, the corduroy overalls, and the cozy socks and hats.

Want to see what’s coming up next? Here’s a preview of the Jacadi Autumn/Winter Collection.

P.S. — In France, the name for Simon Says is “Jacques a dit” — that’s where the name Jacadi comes from! A close approximation would be Jock-ah-dee.

1 bh August 29, 2013 at 2:23 am

oh dear, I hope your readers won’t get the impression that all French kids go around wearing expensive posh clothes…

2 Design Mom August 29, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Hah! I would hope not. I’ve posted about all sorts of French brands over the last few years — and our Back to School posts featured items from many French brands like Jacadi, Dpam, Cyrillus, Z, Petit Bateau — even Monoprix and Carrefore. But personally, I consider Jacadi an excellent example of French style for children.

3 bh August 30, 2013 at 2:22 am

I think all of these brands are rather expensive ones, except Carrefour ; so it’s really not the average French kid who will be dressed in Jacadi. But they’re nice brands!

4 esperanza b August 29, 2013 at 9:47 am

I live in Mexico, and I enjoy the weekends dress my children in to the european way (especially from Spain), but for the everyday clothes I prefer by far the american clothing because it is more comfortable and less expensive.

The european clothes is so chic!

5 Design Mom August 29, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Hi Esperanza! I rarely hear from readers in Mexico and love your comment. I’m so curious: what brands do you search out for your kids? And which brands are available in Mexico?

6 Esperanza B August 30, 2013 at 9:26 am

Hello Gabrielle! I am your reader since baby June was born, she is of the same age as my first child and I loved following you through all your adventures since.

I try to buy clothes whenever I can in the United States, because in my country kids clothing is relatively expensive, and in fact I used some of your tips for friends who are over there forwarded to me or send the orders to hotels when I am on vacation in the US.

Well, around here, we get a lot of international brands from Europe: Pili Carrera, Kenzo, Catimini, Zara, Prenatal, Paz Rodriguez, Foque, of the U.S.: Gap, Oshkosh, Carters, Puma, Adidas, Ralph Lauren, Tommy, Gymboree.

7 Christi August 29, 2013 at 10:37 am

Wow-wow-wow…. Their clothing is adorable and exquisite tailoring. It was fun to get ideas from their site; wish I could assemble as effortlessly – my fashion short coming for sure…

This post made me reflect on how financially conservative I am when it comes to kids clothing (and ahem, creative to boot – ha!).

In SF a lot of schools fund raise with gently used clothing sales… In the moment, you’re not even looking at labels just picking up what you like and it’s fun when I see that I picked up Burberry and loads of designer clothing for our littles for $5 a piece. I truly could care less about a label – I just love finding pieces I adore that are well made (for the next child to wear too) and for a great price. Then I’ll splurge on a Gap / Gymboree sales or Janie and Jack clearance ($13.99 for a $39 bathing suit – woot!) to round out missing wardrobe pieces… Gabrielle, there’s a Nordstrom Rack in Serramonte by Target that sells children’s clothing as well. Timed right with the seasonal change, I have scored on jackets/dresses and then buy for the next growth spurt too.

I’m guessing loads of parents shop similar and are as grateful for the magnitude of wonderful hand-me-downs as well. ;)

Still, Jacadi clothing is adorable. Thanks for sharing!

8 Design Mom August 29, 2013 at 2:17 pm

The SF school fundraisers sound great! I wonder if Oakland schools do something similar. It will be fun to find out.

I’ll can imagine many of the clothes at those sales are from quality brands. I have a dress from Jacadi that was used when it was given to me and still looks great after being worn by both June and Betty.

9 Bek August 30, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I need to go to those fundraiser a!! I’m in SF!