Tiny Treasures: Pouches

June 18, 2013

Ann-ya Pouch

By Koseli. Image and pouch by ANN-YA.

Anybody else get a little giddy about impeccably folded winter sweaters, coordinating shoe boxes, or super-organized purses with the perfect spot for each and every thing? Me too.

My latest organization obsession in the organization arena are beautiful pouches for carrying miscellaneous items in my purse, tote, or desk drawers. I use one pouch for snacks, a baby spoon, and a folded bib; another for my out-and-about comfort: chapstick, hand sanitizer, and tissue. And I think I need one more to round out my obsession: cash, a few quarters, and my MetroCard. In a pinch, I could just grab it and go.

Collecting like-items in my bag limits the craziness of trying to pull out the one thing I’m looking for among the dozens of floating (and often sticky) objects in my bags.

There are so many beautiful options across the internet but click through for a few of my favorites.

Roxy marj fabric envelope

Roxy Marj polka dot soft envelope.

Julia Marco pouch

Geometric zippered pouches. (I don’t think I’ll ever tire of geometric textiles and design.)

La Pochette in Gold Leather

And for the gals who like flare, a gold leather pouch. There’s also the basic Baggu pouches, too.

Do you have any bag/purse/luggage organization tips and tricks? Do you love pouches, too?

P.S. — Tiny Treasures are inexpensive, accessible items that really up the quality quotient in your life. You can find all the posts in this series here.

1 Emily June 18, 2013 at 7:29 am

I love this series and that polka dotted pouch is the cutest! Having different pouches for my purse always really helps keep me sane throughout the day.

2 Koseli Cummings June 18, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Thanks Emily! Me too. If I don’t, it’s madness in there.

3 anja June 18, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Thanks for posting my pouch! I’ve started using pouches around the house as shelf organizers too, just stashed some passports and other important mini documents in one. They are around the size of a book so you can even stick them alongside books on a shelf too!

4 Koseli Cummings June 18, 2013 at 4:44 pm

You are so welcome, Anja. It’s gorgeous. Yes, I love pouches for organizing around the house too. Such a simple solution to pesky desk piles.

5 Christine June 18, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I was so happy to read this post! I have been searching for some cute pouches to keep my travel tote organized. I quickly ordered Anja’s!

6 Koseli Cummings June 21, 2013 at 7:53 am

Yay! So glad it was helpful. Providence that I wrote this post and you were looking for a new pouch at just the same time. Anja’s is beautiful, isn’t it?

7 francesca June 19, 2013 at 8:37 am

beautiful :))

8 Cabbage June 20, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Here’s a tip. Pencil cases in cute fabric are the perfect size for nail supplies and other sundries.

9 Koseli Cummings June 21, 2013 at 7:49 am

Very cute idea. I love multi-tasking pouches and bags.

10 Júlia Marco June 23, 2013 at 3:12 am

Many thanks for posting my pouch!
I’m also a big fan of pouches for organize all my things ; )

11 Design Mom June 23, 2013 at 7:46 am

I used one pouch during my trip last week, but wished for a couple more. They’re the best!

12 Mina July 7, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Started using a pouch that is made of recycled materials and is water proof for all of my spillable /stainable items in my purse (hand sanitizer, lipstick, pen, etc…), so that I don’t ruin the interior of another purse with ink stains or a giant sanitizer goop! But, I love the idea of more than one pouch for different items. Very cute and practical!