Image and text by Gabrielle.
Hello, Friends. How are you doing? Was it a good week? It’s been a landmark one for us. As you may have seen, on Monday we finalized the purchase of our little cottage in France. We can still hardly believe it. And our friend Caroline has been setting up appointments with roofers, plumbers, electricians and gardeners like you wouldn’t believe. We even hit our first bump in the renovation road: looks like we won’t get electricity at the cottage for 3 months. Hah! But we have good news too. Caroline met the neighbor, said he’s friendly as can be, and he’s willing to let us borrow his electricity until ours is installed. So we don’t have to wait 3 months to move forward. This is going to be quite the adventure.
While we make our weekend plans, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- This Benki project looks like the future.
- I’m nuts for this braided basket DIY. Gorgeous. And made from old t-shirts.
- Why there’s no French Harry Potter. Thanks, Annie.
- A Finnish Toddler’s Room.
- Dispelling 10 myths about child sexual abuse.
- Man oh man we are lucky to be alive right now. Check this out.
- The most incredible memorial in the Sahara Desert. Seriously stunning.
- These beautiful women! This project made me emotional. (Lots of beautiful bare real-life mothers’ bodies. Just want you to be aware of what you’ll see if you click play.) Thanks, Sara.
- War through womens eyes.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. And I hope you have the chance to show love for the fathers in your life. I’ve been missing my dad like crazy these last couple of weeks! I think he would get a real kick of the projects his kids are working on. I think he would like his grandkids too. : )
I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.
P.S. — I snapped the image at top last Saturday in a tiny town called Rouvrou. There was no front gate, the yard was way overgrown, the shutters needed attention — made me wonder if it was abandoned. Looks like a fairytale, right? Feel free to follow me on Instagram for this weekend’s adventures.