Scandinavian Design

May 8, 2013

Telephone Booth in Oslo, Norway

Image and text by Gabrielle.

Just a quick hello from Norway! We spent yesterday in gorgeous, sunny Oslo, and today we’re on a train headed to Aurland, and eventually Bergen. You can bet I’ve already fallen in love with this beautiful country.

Wishing you a lovely Wednesday!

P.S. — Norwegian phone booths win.

{ 1 trackback }

FRIDAY WEEKLY WONDERS |
May 10, 2013 at 2:18 am

1 Susan May 8, 2013 at 10:29 am

They still have phone booths? Enjoy your trip.

2 Design Mom May 8, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Hah!

3 Eileen May 8, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Great trip. On an unrelated note … anyone remember a link to a mother’s blog with contributor stories about “true motherhood?” It’s a forthcoming book and blog created by a woman who changed her life after a stressful agency career? Thanks!

4 KatieB May 8, 2013 at 3:33 pm

My last name is Olson. My family from North Dakota came from Norway 4 generations ago. My grandmother has passed on all the Norwegian-ness she can. I visited Sweden on a whirlwind Europe backpacking trip just after college. Didn’t make it to Norway. But, in Sweden someone told me that I looked so Norwegian. This seemed strange to me as I had lumped Swedes and Norwegians as the same kind of people. It made me so proud. I couldn’t wait to tell my grandmother. I hope to visit someday.

5 Design Mom May 8, 2013 at 3:52 pm

How wonderful, Katie! I hope you get to visit someday, too.

6 Danyelle May 8, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I have been soaking up all of your instagrams, Gabby! It is so fun to follow along.

7 Kim May 9, 2013 at 7:52 am

My mother’s family is from a tiny town up there (pretty much farms and a railway crossing!). So beautiful! Get to Trondheim if you can….they have a rotating restaurant!!

8 bestof2sisters May 10, 2013 at 2:57 am

I am SO excited about YOU being in Norway, and that you’re loving it. Can’t wait to hear more of your adventures in our beautiful, beautiful home land ;0) Enjoy!
Camilla

9 Faye Lynn May 19, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I didn’t know telephone booths still existed. It’s rather lonely looking sitting all by itself. Faye Lynn