A Few Things

May 17, 2013

paris - spring 2013

Image and text by Gabrielle.

Hello, Friends. How are you? I hope you’ve had a wonderful week! My family was so delighted to be back to a normal schedule. Housework isn’t always on my thumbs up list, but this week I found such contentment doing the everyday normal stuff — getting the laundry and ironing done, making beds, staying on top of the dishes… Sometimes regular old life is my favorite.

We’ll be doing some Olive Us shooting in Paris tomorrow, so I’ve got some prepping to do (I’m sure we’ll be instagram-ing if you’d like a sneak peek). While I get things ready, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:

- Homemade fruit leather. Yum.

- Back online after a year without the internet.

-  Negative Space Animals. Thanks, Sara.

- We see what we look for.

- Brother & Sister bedroom done right.

- Remember the Strategic Plan poster we all loved? Well, good news, use the coupon code “DOINGTHINGS” for 20% off any prints in Baltimore Print Studio’s online store. The code is good till May 24th at midnight.

- This may be the most relaxing commercial I’ve ever seen.

- Olive Us just turned one! A year ago yesterday, we shared the first Olive Us episode. It’s called Garden Day.

- Are you a graphic designer? Get super fast feedback on your design here.

- It’s the end of the school year, so I’ve gathered up lots of Teacher Gift Ideas.

I hope you have a terrific weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already!

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — I snapped the photo at top when I was in Paris yesterday. I was there visiting the US Consulate because we had a tax question. Sigh. Not the most fun reason to visit Paris, but the city was lovely all the same!

1 ann May 17, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Totally awesome for you to share those teacher gift ideas!!!

2 Emily May 18, 2013 at 7:04 am

Any reason to visit Paris…ahhhh! I love it when you post photos of the lovely country around you. It allows me to visit France/Europe from across the big pond. Thanks!
I love the brother sister room ideas…we are currently adding an addition to our home, and one of the rooms will be a brother sister combo. Thanks for sharing that great link!

3 Christel May 18, 2013 at 7:11 am

Hello Gabrielle! A friend of mine from Paris introduced me to your blog and I love it! It’s funny to take a look at your life in France! You’re right we live in a gorgeous country (I’m in the east part of France)!
Too bad you’re going back to the states, I would have loved to meet you!
Have a great sunny day!
=)
Christel

4 Margoulette May 18, 2013 at 7:13 am

Love the Invalides … and visiting the “Consolate”, interesting Freudian slip since you had a tax question !! :)
Bon courage pour votre déménagement.

5 PARIS BEE kids blog May 18, 2013 at 9:07 am

Enjoy your shooting in Paris and can’t wait to see the finished product!!!

xoxo PARIS BEE kids blog

6 stephanie kraus May 19, 2013 at 6:51 pm

thanks so much for the teacher gift ideas. am always racking my brain for a gift for the most important people in my kids lives! how do you repay, really, with a nice homemade gift

7 Stacey May 21, 2013 at 6:59 am

Gabrielle,
Congratulations to Olive Us! I show every video to my classroom! My students really enjoy learning from your children and become inspired to bake, garden, or simply explore!
Happy Tuesday!

8 Fiona May 23, 2013 at 1:37 pm

On the subject of teachers gifts – don’t you want to do another version of the little gift boxes – the Christmas house and LOVE one? I was thinking of a little schoolhouse…, please?