A Few Things

April 26, 2013

Amsterdam in April

Image and text by Gabrielle.

Hello, Friends! How are you? I hope you’ve had a great week. We are home from Amsterdam now, but still in the middle of a long school break — what a treat it was to skip our usual school day morning routines and sleep in today! Amsterdam was as delightful as can be. It really is one of my very favorite cities and I like to imagine what it would be like to live there. (A little report about our trip is coming!)

We’ll be shooting more Olive Us footage this weekend, so I’m off to finish my wardrobe assignments, but in the meantime, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:

- A flat, mail-able pinata. Great for sending birthday wishes to someone far away!

- Is a good enough life good enough? Do you agree?

These rolling pins are cuter than my rolling pins.

- Remember this post‘s impassioned discussion? Maybe this has something to do with why some took issue.

- I love everything about this toddler’s room.

- I can always use tips on how to look better in photographs, especially from such a stylish woman. (And is your left side your best?)

- And here are easy tips to take better pictures of your kids.

- The Longest Wait — we were right there just one week ago! Thanks, Joe.

- Managing your energy.

- Who knew IKEA could be so romantic?

- Throwing a Spring party is still on my mind — here are pretty floral invitations I’ve been bookmarking.

- Quick! Before National Poetry Month is over, here’s an App to help you memorize your favorite poems.

Wringing out a wet cloth in space (skip to 2:00 min).

- April showers? Let’s stay in and make hand cookies.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already!

kisses,
Gabrielle

1 KelliO April 26, 2013 at 11:49 am

Yes, I think my left is best! Partly has to do with a bangs cowlick. But I think my husband’s right is better, so it works out perfectly!

2 giulia April 26, 2013 at 12:06 pm

i loved the how to look better in pictures tips! so helpful, and i definitely need to work on that:)

3 Maike April 26, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I love the article about the “good enough life”.
It’s all I ever had to say to that matter. I find it irritating when somebody says “women still cant’t have it all”. Who can? Men might be less judged if they spend a lot of time at work and less with their family but still: If they spend less time with their family, they don’t have it all either.
I cannot imagine my life without my job but I am okay everytime I have to say no to an opportunity because I feel it is getting a bit too much for my little girl. To have both is such a blessing and to not be as successful as I could be is somehow not really a big deal for me.

4 Sarah April 26, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Love that you included A Blog About Love! Can’t get enough of Mara’s posts!

5 Val April 27, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Oh my! I loved the article by Felix Unger. It really rang true for me, as a creative who works with some clients that routinely reject my ideas and insist I create awful work that will never grace my portfolio. It was an intriguing way of looking differently at that particular problem. Thanks for sharing :)

I also loved Mara’s post on managing energy — it was delightful to read an article that mirrors my own philosophy… and I thoroughly enjoyed her descriptions of its application in real life. I’ve bookmarked it so I can share it with my teenage daughters in the hope that they will internalize those ideas while they’re still young.

6 Celeste & Pearl April 28, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Those hand cookies are wonderful! Thanks as always for sharing-

Warmest,
Liz and Lo

{celesteandpearl.blogspot.com}

7 Paris Bee Kids Blog April 28, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Looking forward to reading your Amsterdam tips! We’ll be heading there later in May and really looking forward to it. Everyone says how great it is for kids!

xoxo Paris Bee Kids Blog

8 Kim April 29, 2013 at 6:43 am

Oh, it was wonderful to see that photo of Amsterdam. Can’t wait to see pictures from the Tulip Festival!

We are making summer travel plans that are unique from past years now that we call Zurich, Switzerland home. It’s been years since we last visited Amsterdam, but that photo brought back so many good memories. Thanks, Gabby!

Hope you had a fabulous time!
Kim