May 28th Watches

March 29, 2013

May 28th Watches - Cool designs. Or you can create your own with any Instagram image.

By Gabrielle.

I wear a watch occasionally. More as a bracelet, than as a practical time piece. And generally of the under $50 sort — like a Timex with an striped band, or a classic white Swatch, or this Casio that I wore religiously till I lost it.

May 28th watches were recently introduced to me and I really want to see one in person. Very cool designs and collaborations, like this one with Kate Spade. And they also have an Instawatch option — you can create a watch with any of your Instagram photos as the face! Wouldn’t that make the coolest gift?

Where do you fall on watches? Did you stop wearing one when you started carrying a cell phone? Do you favor something delicate and jewelry like? Maybe you’re saving up for a vintage Rolex?

{ 1 trackback }

Design Your Own Watch: May 28th Watches + instaWATCH | Design Juice Daily
April 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm

1 l o v e l y t h i n g s March 29, 2013 at 7:09 am

I’ve never heard of May 28th watches…cute! I still like to wear a watch…sort of old school I know…but even my very current 18 year old daughter likes to wear one. I’m sure she uses her iphone to keep time, but she likes the idea of wearing a watch.

2 Design Mom March 29, 2013 at 8:16 am

I get that. The idea of wearing a watch is appealing to me too.

3 Sophie March 29, 2013 at 10:41 am

i’m eighteen, and i wear a watch, too! mostly because i always have (punctuality is in my paternal genes), and i have an obsessive need to wear things on my wrists – i am the girl with 1,000 friendship bracelets! but also because it took me about sixteen years to learn how to decipher analog clocks, and i got too antsy not knowing the time. so i’ve always worn digital watches. my current is a chunky silicone style from nixon. it’s olive drab, and contrasts pleasantly with my super girly work wardrobe :)

4 Grace @ sense and simplicity March 29, 2013 at 7:26 am

Love those watches. I still wear one all the time because there aren’t always clocks (or clocks that work) in all the rooms in the schools I work in. I also need the secondhand to time reading passages so it is handy to have a time-piece strapped to my wrist.

My present watch doesn’t have a light feature, but when I’m traveling or camping or at the cottage I like to have a watch that will light up so that if the power is out I have enough light to find my way to the nearest flashlight or doorway or whatever. It can be sooo dark and the light from a watch (not the ones where the numbers glow, but where you actually press a button and the face lights up) is enough to help in a pinch. Maybe I’m a bit phobic about the darkness, but it makes me happy to know I have a light strapped to my arm.

Oh, and my third reason I still wear a watch is that I like the look of them. What can I say, I’m old school.

5 Design Mom March 29, 2013 at 8:15 am

I like those indiglo faces too! I play with them like a kid.

6 darci March 29, 2013 at 7:53 am

love watches, cant stand to be without one. I have 3 or so, but the batteries are always dead. The watch i wear the most is a Swatch and when it dies, i will get another one. I’ve been wearing Swatch since 1987!

7 Design Mom March 29, 2013 at 8:14 am

What is it about changing a watch battery that seems so impossible? I feel like I’ve only had the battery changed in a watch like maybe twice in my life. Instead, once the battery dies, I end up just never wearing the watch again.

8 Lauren March 29, 2013 at 8:07 am

How fun! I haven’t worn a watch in years, however I see some here that I really like. And our wedding anniversary is May 28th, so I love that that’s the name of the company! His and hers watches as an anniversary gift this year? Perhaps!

9 Design Mom March 29, 2013 at 8:12 am

Oh. I love that, Lauren! What a cool idea.

10 Victoria March 29, 2013 at 9:53 am

I have always loved to wear watches. I don’t like having to pull my phone out. I do wear them less frequently nowdays, but I think that has more to do with not working right now.
so many kids today have a hard time reading clocks! I try to avoid digital clocks in my house in favor of clocks with faces and hands to help my kids with this.

11 Jenny March 29, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I got a watch for Christmas in an attempt to be less obsessed with my phone and am still embarrass when I use my watch hand to check the time on my cell phone. I think I’m slowly getting the hang of it again though.

12 sab March 29, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I’ve been a biiiig fan of may28th since discovering them on shopdescreateurs.com last year ;-) Got 3 already!

13 This girl loves to talk March 29, 2013 at 11:18 pm

havent worn a watch in years (even pre phone) as I didnt have anywhere pressing to be or many deadlines. Then I got a phone a couple years ago and was fine with that. UNTIL this year I started volunteering at school and we always need to know the time and the clock is broken. Feel bad fishing my phone out all the time in front of the kids, so I think I will be investing in a watch soon!!

14 Tulisaa April 1, 2013 at 10:06 am

I love watches especially the kind in the photo, snazzy sleek colorful ones. Of course I love nice gold ones too but I think its a bit much. Or its probably just that I can’t afford them ha.

15 Kate The Great April 1, 2013 at 10:48 am

Several years ago, my husband finally got sick of me asking him what time it was. We’ve got plenty of digital clocks through the house, but sometimes the light is just at the right angle that I can’t read them. Also, my cell phone at the time had such a horrible glare problem that, most of the time, I couldn’t depend on it for time either.

So I started hunting for a watch. I wanted a digital watch, but quickly realized that there’s a limited number of feminine, under-$100, digital watches out there that are not sports watches. I didn’t want all the bells and whistles like the date, an alarm, the temperature, the stopwatch option, or the clock face as well; I just wanted the time.

I ended up with a watch from Kenneth Cole’s Reaction line.

(Here’s one link: http://www.amazon.com/Kenneth-Cole-KC2315-Reaction-Digital/dp/B000EB5RMG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364834635&sr=8-3&keywords=kenneth+cole+reaction+watch+women+digital )

We bought mine from a department store because my husband is big on buying in person so we can save on shipping. I find that I depend on it on bus trips to the doctor’s or on errands, at church when teaching lessons, on vacations, and when we’re out on family errand trips. The rest of the time, I don’t wear it, but I’ve stopped asking my husband what time it is. And the best thing is that I still love it

16 Isabel @alphamom April 3, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Gabby!

I love this. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I’m having so much fun designing one for me and all my loved ones!

Isabel