Hello Cookie

March 4, 2013

By Gabrielle.

Imagine the exponential increase in the joy of cooking, say, breakfast for dinner with the addition of a couture apron. I know, I know: they’re completely unnecessary! My faded linen versions do their job just fine, never complaining about spaghetti sauce splatters or heavily floured handprints.

But you must admit that a just-as-sturdy option in cotton that masquerades as a silk cocktail dress could add some spice to your kitchen endeavors, right? In the words of the Polish designer, “Don’t be surprised if you receive more compliments about things other than culinary.”

It’s such a perfect gift for that certain newlywed who dreams of those unhurried, romantic candlelit dinners every night…and even for those of us who may have lost the unhurried, candlelit dreams in the melee that is known as dinner with children! But tell me: Would this be an item on which you’d splurge?

{ 1 trackback }

Happy Weekend! | Snippet & Ink
March 8, 2013 at 8:30 am

1 Mary March 4, 2013 at 9:24 am

Um….they’re beautiful and all, but…in a word? Nope.

2 Sharon @ Discovering Blog March 4, 2013 at 9:31 am

Funny, as I started to read, my eyes were about to roll, but then I saw that white one, and fell in love. These are gorgeous!
I haven’t looked at the prices yet, so that might change my mind, but I’ll admit that I think they are gorgeous, and would making cooking that much more fun and alive.

3 Lauren March 4, 2013 at 9:31 am

I would totally ask for one as a gift! That’s what I do for splurge items that I can’t bring myself to purchase :) But they are so lovely and I DO spend a LOT of time in the kitchen…

4 Alice March 4, 2013 at 9:51 am

Oh my gosh, these are amazing! So perfect for a fancy dinner party- you’d feel swish even in the pinny! :) x

5 Cheltz March 4, 2013 at 10:09 am

On one hand these are ridiculous. On the other? awesome! I’d definitely wear it if someone gave it to me, but would never buy one.

6 Sarah Barksdale Design March 4, 2013 at 10:10 am

These are so impractical and yet I absolutely want one!!! haha, I love the one with the huge ruffles

7 Shannon { A Mom's Year } March 4, 2013 at 10:38 am

Hah! These are great–I love the ruffled one. I like the idea of someone dancing around her kitchen wearing one of these, even if it’s not me! Maybe I’ll bedazzle my old apron….

8 Corrie Anne March 4, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I love aprons. :)

9 Eliza March 4, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I have a collection of pretty, fancy aprons that I wear all the time, and let friends borrow when I teach cooking classes. My favorites are a series that I based on a pattern from the 1890s, but then altered to a fun and flirty 1950s style, complete with ruffles and fun pockets. I have three that I keep for everyday use, one for Christmas, a coordinating pair that I share with my mother, and one for my little girl. Gorgeous aprons are the best!

10 Kate Frishman March 4, 2013 at 12:05 pm

These are so adorable! I don’t know if I’d buy one, but it’s certainly giving me some creative apron-making ideas!

11 Raleigh-Elizabeth March 4, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I couldn’t begin to afford it, but if I could, I’d be guilty of owning three. Although I made one not too dissimilar from the frilly ruffle one – only it had a sweetheart neckline (which I find to be infinitely more flattering on me). Since half the time my husband sees me I’m wearing an apron, I at least like it to be cute! I once found a really cute dress at TJ Maxx on sale for 20 dollars and turned it into an apron, too… so there are nearly-couture solutions out there for the penny-pinching among us. But none are quite as sleek as that gorgeous white one. (sigh)

12 Kate Benbow March 4, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Divinely impractical and utterly desirable – I want one! No, I want three… I agree they’d be a perfect gift as they definitely fall into the impossible-to-justify-but-oh-how-thoughtful-as-a-gift category. Now, if only my husband read this…

13 Tasha March 4, 2013 at 3:44 pm

“Made in Poland” made it even better for me! YES! I need one:) How gorgeous I’d feel and sophisticated. But it wouldn’t be for a real holiday, messy, pot-scrubbing dinner lol. Maybe I’d put it on before guests arrive or while I’m serving. Or perhaps a wine and cheese party? Either way, a must have!!! ♥

14 Stella March 4, 2013 at 4:15 pm

These are so beautiful, but I would never spend that much on something that is just going to get splattered and stained. I am a mess when I cook and I don’t want to worry about keeping my coutre apron clean!

15 Stella March 4, 2013 at 4:15 pm

*couture

16 Stephanie@GlassPeacock March 4, 2013 at 6:55 pm

I don’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen but…wow! I want one!!!!! Maybe I could just wear it around the house just because?

17 Isabelle March 5, 2013 at 7:39 am

I think just because is an excellent reason!

18 Isabelle March 5, 2013 at 7:37 am

Definitely gorgeous! but so unpractical! I instantly pictured myself getting caught in the door handle , chair backs or cabinet handles…So much ironing also ( I LOVE the red frilly one, unfortunately!) for an objet which might get stained so easily and get washed so often…I cannot afford any of them but I can sew and it definitely gave me ideas though I would make a simpler version.
Anyway, if my husband offered me one, I would gladly wear it when company shows up. I think I couldn’t wear it on an everyday basis…

19 PinonCoffee March 5, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I would ABSOLUTELY wear a frilly red cocktail dress of an apron. Yes. Oh the drama. I might need to try making one. I love the idea of adapting a dress from TJ Maxx.

20 Emme March 5, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Splurge? No. But make or buy from TJ Maxx–certainly!!!

21 paola March 9, 2013 at 8:15 am

If I did not have children, I would definitely prepare a candle light dinner for my husband. Wear one of these. Nothing else.