Desert Landscapes

March 11, 2013

Douglas L. Thompson Desert Landscape Douglas L. Thompson Desert Landscape Douglas L. Thompson Desert Landscape

By Koseli.

A little something beautiful to start your day: Aren’t these landscape shots by Douglas Lyle Thompson stunning? I always think of Cormac McCarthy when I think of the desert.

Is there a particular type of landscape that resonates most with you? Some place lush and green? The beach? Snow-capped mountains? Or maybe the washed out colors of the desert pictured here?

{ 1 trackback }

Just Moms » Blog Archive » Desert Landscapes
March 11, 2013 at 11:21 am

1 Azra March 11, 2013 at 7:16 am

I love green hills and mountains. I guess it reminds me of home, therefore it is special for me.

2 Rebecca Alexis March 11, 2013 at 7:34 am

LOVE these shots of the desert. I think I love all landscapes. I love snow capped mountains, I love looking out at the vast ocean. I love the desert and I love lush green forests. I guess the landscape I truly dislike are strip malls. uck.

3 Abbey March 11, 2013 at 7:36 am

Lush and green for sure, but this is breathtaking!

4 Kate S. March 11, 2013 at 8:04 am

I’ve always loved the lovely green landscapes of the Pacific Northwest, but 12 years of living in Reno and the desert has grown on me. I can’t tell you the number of times the sunlight on the mountains has taken my breath away! I have a theory that our eyes are naturally inclined to love green and they have to re-calibrate in order to notice the nuance and beauty of the desert :).

5 Adina | Gluten Free Travelette March 11, 2013 at 11:06 am

For me it’s the biggest mountans where you can see the tree line and if you throw some glaciers into the mix too I’m just so happy! I love landscapes that just make your imagination spin.

6 Giulia March 11, 2013 at 2:41 pm

these are beautiful. i’ve never been especially attracted to deserts, but i think this might have changed:)

7 Shannon { A Mom's Year } March 12, 2013 at 8:11 am

I admire the beauty of the desert, but I need to be around water. I grew up in the Land of 10,000 Lakes and have settled in a neighborhood bordered by the Mighty Mississippi on one side and a creek on another. Even the sound of snow melting right now is part of the rhythm of our days. :)

(Good call on McCarthy. When I looked at these, I saw Barbara Kingsolver’s *The Bean Trees.*)

8 formal dresses uk May 2, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Yes! Finally someone writes about ocean pacific clothing.