What to Wear to Alt Summit 2013

February 20, 2013

By Gabrielle. First & last images by Justin Hackworth. All other images by Ben Blair for Design Mom.

A year ago, at the request of readers, I posted a little guide to what I wore to Alt Summit. Based on the comments, you seemed to enjoy it, and it ended up being a really good thing for me, too. I used those photos as head shots and avatar images all year long! And I like having a record of what my wardrobe was like at that moment in time. So this year, I’m doing the same post with the hope that it will again serve me well — and that hopefully you’ll like it, too.

But I have to say, I have had this on the calendar for a week and couldn’t quite get brave enough to hit publish. If you’ve been reading Design Mom for even a short while, you know that I take and share dozens of photos each week, but normally don’t post many photos of myself — and certainly not 20+ images at the same time! Thank you for indulging me.

Let’s start with the Ms. Peacock outfit.

I wore this for the Clue Party on Thursday night of the conference. I made my hat in the hotel room a few minutes before the party started! Earlier that week, I picked up 2 peacock feather wreaths and a roll of black tulle at Michaels. My intention was to fashion them into some sort of peacock fascinator, but I ended up running out of time! So I simply put the two wreaths back-to-back with the tulle between them and hot glued it all together. (Yes. I did pack my hot glue gun with me across ocean. That should not surprise any of you.)

The tulle in the center of the wreaths kept my head from going all the way through, and I also glued in tulle that draped over my eyes to add some drama. But seriously, I don’t think I needed any additional drama. I was already wearing 2 wreaths on my head!

My hat was so big that I couldn’t bring it home with me, so I gave it to my sister Sara. (Hopefully it will make it into her legendary costume stash.)

Dress from COS — I love the satin detail on the back. I bought it last spring during my Paris shopping trip with Jordan. Peacock tights I’ve had forever. The necklace I found at a shoe store — doesn’t it look peacock-y? And the silver heels are from Naf Naf.

The next outfit is what I wore on Thursday during the day. You’ve seen me in it if you read my Chris Anderson post. I adore this dress! The boxy fit. The zipper pockets. The color. The neckline. The whole thing makes me happy.

Dress from COS, picked up last spring at the same time as the grey peacock dress. Black tights from the grocery store. Black booties are the same ones I wore last year. The silk polka-dot scarf I found on ebay; it’s by Ralph Lauren. The cuff is the same one I wore last year — a gift from Mara.

This outfit is probably my very favorite! I wore this on Saturday during the Design Camps and it’s so comfy it might as well be pajamas. It’s the only jumpsuit I own, and I wish I had 10 of them. I bought this last summer and have worn it probably a hundred times since then. It’s made of polyester and is easy to clean, plus never needs ironing. It always looks good! And if I add or subtract layers, I can wear it all year long. I asked Ben Blair to take some shots focusing on the neckline of the jumpsuit because I think it’s so flattering!

Jumpsuit from Benetton. Cardigan from H&M. Gold flats are the same I wore last year. If you haven’t noticed yet, I shopped my closet for most everything this year! One of the only new additions was the peacock hat. : ) Speaking of the gold flats, they are sadly worn out and I can’t seem to find any I like quite as much. If you spot any fabulous replacements, please let me know!

Outfit #4 I wore while I traveled. Comfy. Warm. Easy to wear in cold Paris and cold Salt Lake City.

Sweater from Banana Republic — I bought it last fall from their new shop on the Champs Elysees. Bright blue jeans and sequin hat from H&M. I’ve had both for over a year. The black booties are newish. From Bocage.

Next up is the outfit I wore on Friday during the day. You’ll see more of it when I write up my post about Stefan Sagmeister (coming soon!). In these images, I don’t think I look particularly striking in this outfit, but I sure felt confident in this get up at the conference! It was a power outfit!!

Black skirt I bought the weekend we moved to Colorado — it was from Macys. The turtleneck is from H&M. I bought it last month — only 5 euros! Black tights are my grocery store pair. The red shoes are the same ones as last year. The necklaces are from Ethiopia.

Outfit #6 is what I wore on Tuesday before the conference started, when I was running errands around Salt Lake City. This outfit has the most pieces and layers and is the most flexible. A good winter-time ensemble.

Dress is by Tamar Daniels — she sent it to me last year. It’s an amazing travel dress. You can crumble it into ball and it still looks great. Alas! I heard Tamar’s line has shut down. Denim jacket is from The Gap. I’ve had it for years. The tights are another grocery store pair. The boots are the same as last year. And my favorite part is the scarf — handknit by my sister Rachel from the softest wool!

Outfit #7 is another that is not looking very flattering to me in these pictures, but I feel great in it in person. Hah!  I wore this on Wednesday of the conference during registration.

Gold jeans, brown turtleneck (5 euros!), and silk shirt all from H&M. The necklace is a cross from Ethiopia — a gift from a friend there. The shoes I’ve had for years.

Lastly, not pictured is the dress I wore to the Friday Night Mini-Parties. It’s actually the black zipper dress I showed you last year! (I meant it when I said I mostly shopped my closet this year.) I don’t have pictures of it from this year, but this is the coat I wore over it. Cute, right? The coat is from Naf Naf.

And that’s it!

What do you think? Is there a look you like best? How did I do at Alt Summit 2013?

P.S. — I’m aware that this post, and last year’s post are obnoxiously named. You don’t need direction on what to wear to Alt Summit — you are perfectly capable of getting dressed all by yourself! And though there are “what to wear” classes and guides, they are mostly for fun, because there is no dress code at the conference. I’m just being cheeky. : )

{ 4 trackbacks }

What to Wear to Alt Summit 2013
February 20, 2013 at 4:41 pm
When To Wear a Bandage Skirt | Design Skirt.com
February 20, 2013 at 5:30 pm
Book of the Week: Lester’s Dreadful Sweaters | Short Cut Blog
July 2, 2013 at 1:00 am
Outfits of Alt Summit | All Sorts of Pretty
January 29, 2014 at 4:42 am

1 Anne February 20, 2013 at 9:15 am

Love the outfits and especially love that you shopped your own closet. It gives me some inspiration to rethink a few pieces in my closet for an upcoming work trip.

2 Carla February 20, 2013 at 9:18 am

Great post Gabby. I travel frequently for work and I am on the hunt for a great bag – big enough to hold my mac book pro, charger, files etc. Preferable one that doubles as a purse so that you don’t need to carry two bags! What is the gorgeous black bag on the floor in some of the shots? It looks large enough to hold a laptop – am I right? How about a post on traveling for business? I.e. what size suitcase, what size carry on? What do you consider essential in a carry-on? I am fascinated by how other people pack and am constantly checking out other travelers in the security line to see what size and kind of bag they are carrying-on. Thanks!

3 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Ah! The tote!! I meant to mention the black tote. It’s a Kate Spade tote I bought from Zappos. I actually bought it for this particular trip and had it sent straight to the hotel where I was staying. : )

It has a cheery polka dot lining and is very well constructed. It is not a bargain tote bag, but I think it will last for many, many years. And since I shopped my closet so much for this trip, I had some budget left over so I could splurge.

And I love the idea of a traveling for business post. Though I might not be the best author for that one. Often, my travels include something like Alt Summit, and I don’t pack lightly for conferences. : )

4 Lauren February 20, 2013 at 9:21 am

Well, I have a whole new level of respect for you now after seeing that peacock hat- amazing! I totally enjoy these type of posts and actually was referencing your Alt Summit outfits from last year a few weeks ago when I was trying to pack for a conference and needed some inspiration. So thanks for sharing, even though I know it can be awkward to post a bunch of pictures of yourself- way to take one for the team :)

5 Rachael February 20, 2013 at 9:23 am

A. You look stunning!
B. That hat! It’s so glamorous and fancy and over-the-top. I love it!
C. I mean this sincerely, and I know it’s indelicate, but how in the world do you handle having to pee when wearing a jumpsuit? I love the look of them, but I’m five months pregnant and can’t last an hour without a bathroom break, and I’m hoping not to have to fully disrobe in the stalls at work if I buy one. Any advice?

6 Alex February 20, 2013 at 11:46 am

I was wondering the exact same thing!!

7 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Hah! I’m no expert since this is my only jumpsuit, but it hasn’t been an issue so far. Mine comes with snaps down the front and an elastic waist so it’s super fast in and out. : ) I’d say, it takes me about the same amount of time as having to do up a zip fly + a belt.

8 Margaret February 20, 2013 at 9:24 am

That peacock hat is beyond fabulous. You look so darn sassy! The last pic is avatar material for sure. Thanks for sharing!

9 Chris February 20, 2013 at 9:31 am

Gabrielle, you look great! I think my favorite is the jumpsuit outfit too! I want one. You look casual but chic and comfortable which is hard to do. A+++

as a side note, i like your P.S statement. You are cool.

10 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Thank, Chris. I think you are cool too.

11 Sara February 20, 2013 at 9:32 am

You are so chic! Off to duplicate the sweater and jeans look NOW…

12 Andrea sayer February 20, 2013 at 9:33 am

You may not love how you look in the gold pants outfit, but you rocked the gold pants!

13 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Thanks, Andrea. I love wearing them and I feel great in them! In fact, lately, I wear them more often then my regular denim. I think everyone should get a pair! They’re stretchy and comfortable and they work like a neutral color, but feel unusual and different.

But when I saw these images I kind of made a grimace. I’m only sharing the most flattering one — the rest are even more grimace inducing. Let’s hope it was just the lighting. : )

14 agneslamexicaine February 20, 2013 at 9:39 am

I love your outfits!

15 The New Diplomats Wife February 20, 2013 at 9:40 am

what a fun collection, and definitely noticing more and more french influence in your wardrobe! will be fun to see how it changes between now and next year with a combination of the excitement of a move back and notstalgia for a time past…

16 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I’m curious too! I wonder which pieces (if any) will become mainstays in my U.S. rotation.

17 Sandra Gonzales February 20, 2013 at 9:42 am

Love the hat, love the shoes, love the dresses, love the outfits, love ALL the pics, and love that you are so gracious to share. Ben took great pics so I’m sending him a big cyber hug.

18 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Ben is such a good sport to take all these photos. I’ll be sure to send your hug along.

19 Janet February 20, 2013 at 9:59 am

You looked fabulous in all those outfits!! Love them — can’t even pick a favorite — they are so great!

20 DIANE February 20, 2013 at 9:59 am

Love your style…… makes me feel like I need an major lesson on style!

21 Hayley February 20, 2013 at 10:07 am

I agree, Diane! I feel like there are so many things I can’t pull off. And maybe I can, I’m just too self-conscious? Like colors of shoes and tights. Can I wear my gray tights with camel colored boots? Doesn’t help that my husband loathes skinny jeans, on anyone (which is all I own, by the way). I have found that I love the fact that I can walk outside when it is raining and not get the backs of my jeans wet when wearing skinny jeans. I hate having wet-bottomed jeans!

This comment was all over the place. Sorry about that! :)

22 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I’m sure you can totally pull off any of these looks!

I will say that Alt Summit is a fun place to try anything that feels too daring for my normal every day errands. Nothing feels too over the top there!

23 Jennifer February 20, 2013 at 10:02 am

ALL outfits are different and fun! Great style! Personally I like the “travel” outfit and #6 best though.

24 Tiffanie February 20, 2013 at 10:23 am

You are 100% best dressed! I remember most of those outfits, they were all so perfectly put together and effortless looking. I didn’t see you in that jumpsuit, but I am a BIG jumpsuit fan (I wore a polka dotted shorts jumpsuit to the Friday night parties) and the cap-sleeve sort of detail on yours is fantastic. You are a beauty, Gabrielle!

25 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I believe I remember your polka dotted jumpsuit! Adorable!!

26 Dale Coykendall February 20, 2013 at 10:26 am

LOVE the jumpsuit best , but you look terrific in all of them, tres chic, and the peacock hat takes it right over the top

27 Rebecca Alexis February 20, 2013 at 10:34 am

Awesome post! I am now coveting your closet as well as your life in France. It is just a beautiful ensemble of a wardrobe. love it. xo

28 Angeerah February 20, 2013 at 10:43 am

You are totally one of my style icons. I love the simplicity of your outfits and the angles, shapes, and colors. I would love to see a regular style post about your outfits!

29 Koseli Cummings February 20, 2013 at 10:45 am

You looked absolutely fabulous in that black high wasted skirt and black top—gosh. Mara and I were admiring you from afar. I was thinking to myself—I forgot my black! I neglected to wear any black at the conference and completely regretted it because black is so chic and flattering.

Lovely, confident woman—you look like you’re straight from Paris! And that pant suit! Chills. That is so amazing. I would wear that every day! Loved this post. Love seeing your beautiful style! How many times can I say ‘love’ in one post? :)

30 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Oh. Your comment is making me smile, Koseli! Thank you.

And I so feel that way about black! When I’m in doubt about what to wear to anything — from errands to Alt Summit — black is my default.

31 cathy v February 20, 2013 at 10:56 am

I personally adore “Cheeky”! Will you do an ALT Summit for those of us that are over 50 and blog anyway? Just asking!

32 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Hah! You don’t need your own Alt Summit, you are welcome at the existing events. I promise! Take a look at Donna & Roger (they’re in their 60′s and rocked the Clue Party):

33 Cathi February 20, 2013 at 11:23 am

You look fabulous in each ensemble. FAB! And I love posts like this one… I really enjoy a look at how stylish women put their outfits together, and it helps me shop my own closet because new ideas always pop right off the screen. Thanks for sharing, and please do not hesitate to hit publish on future posts. :)

34 Caitlin February 20, 2013 at 11:31 am

Love these! Especially the little polka-dot scarf. After living in Paris as a teenager, I’ve come to love scarves of all sizes and colors. So perfect!

35 sarah February 20, 2013 at 11:45 am

you’re ahead of the curve on the jumpsuit.

36 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Nice! Thanks for the link, Sarah.

37 Grace@ Sense and Simplicity February 20, 2013 at 11:50 am

You looked so pulled together and professional. Don’t you love it when you have such a well-balanced complete closet that you are able to shop for a high-profile conference without having a panic. That to me is a perfect wardrobe – something for every occasion.

By the way, I noticed your first dress is a boat neck and I’ve been wondering how others deal with bra straps when wearing boat necks. I’m always pushing mine to the edges of my shoulders, but it only semi-works as then they either slide back into view or slide off my shoulders. Maybe it is just my shape that has that problem and others don’t. Just curious how you manage.

38 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Good question, Grace! I’m sure there is some trick of the trade that a bra specialist could share, but what I do is tighten up my straps right before I put the dress on. In fact, I slightly over-tighten them so they’ll stay in place. And that usually works. But if it’s a long evening, by the end of the night, I’m usually fidgeting with them again. So if anyone out there has a more reliable solution, I’m all ears!

39 KellliO February 21, 2013 at 9:02 am

Years ago in a sewing magazine I read about strap keepers. You can stick them on yourself, or buy something similar (see links). Basically, they’re a loop at the edge of your neckline to hold straps in place. If you’re looking for a more permanent solution it may be worth a try.

40 Rachel M. February 20, 2013 at 11:50 am

I love your style so much, may I ask where you got the black bag in the final picture? I need to replace mine, the liner ripped in the wash.

41 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Hi Rachel! It’s a Kate Spade tote I bought from Zappos. It’s so sturdy and well made. And the patent leather is easy to wipe clean! I really love it.

42 Mel February 20, 2013 at 11:53 am

Oh my goodness, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that jumpsuit! I can’t find it on their website…is it an older purchase?

43 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Well. I bought it last summer. But I was in Benetton in January and noticed they still had some. I wonder if you could find them in store?

44 Kate Frishman February 20, 2013 at 11:53 am

All of your outfits are fabulous, but the green dress is my favorite – I love the neckline!

45 Heather February 20, 2013 at 12:28 pm

You are gorgeous! Thank you for being brave and modeling! And please thank Ben Blair, too. Your outfits were great! I loved the hat, too…clever!

46 Alice February 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm

My favourite is the first one, but they’re all really cute! How do you manage to keep your figure after 6 kids? (nosy housewifey question there for you, sorry Gabrielle!)

47 Robin February 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I may be biased, sweet niece, but you look beautiful in all the pictures – really beautiful.

48 amy c February 20, 2013 at 1:34 pm

You look and looked great, both in real life and in your photos! Thanks for sharing!

49 Melissa February 20, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I love the Ms. Peacock outfit! You look fantastic! Would love to hear more about the Clue Party- what a great idea!

50 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I totally need to do a Clue Party post. It was amazing! And I can brag about it, because I had nothing to do with it at all. : )

51 Traveling Mama February 20, 2013 at 1:38 pm

You are adorable and shouldn’t be shy one bit! I met you at the Hive last year and thought you were dressed so cute!

52 Madeline February 20, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Ah – love this post! Love your style…wish I had access to your closet :) I have to ask where you got the little necklace you are wearing with the jumpsuit? I’ve been looking for something similar.

Thanks for sharing your fabulous taste!

53 Design Mom February 20, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I can’t believe I forgot to mention the necklace! It’s the Oro necklace from Leslie Lewis Designs.

I’ve had it for a couple of years and I wear almost daily. I mentioned it in an earlier post here.

54 Amy February 20, 2013 at 1:55 pm

I love your style! I like that you look chic and European (I guess they really are one and the same!).

55 Kate S. February 20, 2013 at 2:03 pm

This post is so inspiring! I pinned both this one and your “what to wear to Alt Summit” post from last year to refer back to. I love that you have such a classic style that is still fun and creative.

56 Design Mom February 21, 2013 at 1:06 am

Thank you for pinning this, Kate! I appreciate it.

57 Giulia February 20, 2013 at 2:03 pm

the peacock hat. amazing. and it actually looks so good on you! you should wear it on a regular basis:)

58 melissa February 20, 2013 at 2:35 pm

thanks for posting! it’s fun to see. my favorite is the all black with the pretty red heels. lovely. and, never thought i’d love a jumpsuit, but that thing is great. i can see the usefulness!

59 nicole February 20, 2013 at 3:04 pm

A) The peacock wreath hat is the bomb. I want to wear it everyday!

B) How did you pack so many shoes?! My biggest problem with packing for work events like this is narrowing everything down to 2 or so pairs of shoes. You clearly didn’t restrict yourself to such a silly number. Tell me about how you made it work with luggage, etc.

xo!

60 Design Mom February 21, 2013 at 1:08 am

Well. I’m afraid I have no special packing secrets here. : ) I used one of our big roller duffel bags (see image 9) and filled it up, then checked it. Paired with a tote bag for my laptop and sundries, there was plenty of room.

61 Shannon { A Mom's Year } February 20, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I like all of the outfits, but my favorite is the one you wore to travel! Maybe because it looks so comfy and it’s how I dress every day. :)

I think it’s great fun to see how you put your outfits together. I tend to look at the calendar, realize I have a wedding or whatever the next day, and go into Emergency Shopping mode. But I like seeing how you take a piece from here and a piece from there to create something new and unique.

62 Tasha February 20, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Awesome of you to share:)
The red, strappy shoes!!!…But then I saw the gold jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You rocked it!

63 Design Mom February 21, 2013 at 1:11 am

I swear, I wear those gold jeans like 2 or 3 times a week these days. They are the best!

64 Kalanicut February 20, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I am glad you didn’t have time to make a fascinator!!! Fabulous hat! Fabulous!

65 BON VOYAGE February 20, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Aaaah… I L-O-V-E it all… I can’t figure out which outfit I like the best… Brillaint. Congrats. Wait. My favorite is the Clue Party dress. The dress and necklace are brilliant together.

66 Azra February 20, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Gabby, you have such a good eye. You looked lovely and beautiful. Each outfit was great! Loved it.

67 Design Mom February 21, 2013 at 1:12 am

Thank you, Azra! That means a lot coming from you.

68 nicola February 20, 2013 at 6:03 pm

That first dress, with the peacock blue tights, is the bomb. I’m curious – a long time ago you mentioned trying some Kerastase supplement as suggested by your hairdresser. Did you do it, and did it work??

69 Design Mom February 21, 2013 at 1:13 am

Good question! I’m super forgetful about taking vitamins, so I’m still working through the 3rd box, but I think they have definitely worked. My hair fall out seems to have slowed considerably.

70 Michelle February 20, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Just wanted to echo what everyone else is saying. I actually love every single outfit, but you are really rocking that peacock hat! I think this may be my all time favorite teaser photo of any blog post.

71 Meg February 20, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Just saw that Talbot’s new catalog has gold leather ballet flats that look extra comfortable since you are looking for some.

72 Tia February 20, 2013 at 8:19 pm

As soon as I saw the peacock hat, I knew you would love this exhibition.

73 Anne G. February 20, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Oh boy…that jump suit is so classic and flattering on you. Perfection! I recently hired a stylist to help me with my wardrobe and I was amazed at how many elements play into creating a flattering outfit…body type, neckline, pocket placement, length, coloring. So much to think about. You, my lady, have most certainly learned or have a natural gift for what styles flatter you. Keep up the good work. But, I have to go back to that body suit…did I mention perfection? I want one now. :)

74 Stephanie@GlassPeacock February 20, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Ahh…I’m dying to go to Alt Summit! I’ve put it on my goal list for next year. Your outfits are fabulous…and I have to say, I’m pretty partial to your peacock hat. It’s wild and wacky with a bit of Phyllis Diller thrown in for kicks! Love. it.

75 liz February 20, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Gabby you are so cute! and then sassy! and then sophisticated! I love how outfits really can transform a person’s look and how they feel- I got that from the images and words you placed here. that was fun! do it more often. :)

76 Design Mom February 21, 2013 at 1:14 am

Thanks, Liz! Some of these outfits definitely make me feel sassy. Clothes can have such influence on how I face the day!

77 Vera February 21, 2013 at 4:31 am

Love all of these! Especially the green dress and your gold pants. Divine. Do you always plan you outfits and accessorries before a longer trip? I need to be more organized too!

78 Miranda Makes February 21, 2013 at 12:42 pm

You look so cute. I especially love the first and the last pictures. :)

79 Miggy February 21, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Clue is one of my very favorite movies of all time. If there’s any movie I can quote forward and backward, it’s Clue…so I’m sorta dying that you had a Clue party (that’s on my parties to have at Halloween list…this year is the year.) Anyway, you look fab as always.

80 sue February 21, 2013 at 1:49 pm

ms peacock outfit = genius! love it!

81 Lisa | Happy By February 21, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Gabrielle I have been waiting so long for this post, but you were smart enough to let anyone else finish with their recaps from Alt and shine on your own now :) Let me tell you the waiting time payed off. I really like how your outfits are made of simple monochromatic basic pieces, but with an edgy cut or detail and a hint of color. Spotting you in that crazy hat in all Alt pics was a delight, because I think it does you justice and shows of your funny and sassy part beyond being a great professional. I am the kind of person who would like to have three new outfits delivered at my door right before every trip I make, even if it is for fun, so reading you rarely bought anything for the biggest event of the year makes my want to slap myself and try harder before saying “I don’t have anything cute to wear now”. Thank you for the inspiration :)

82 Dee February 21, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I love all your outfits but especially the peacock dress and the all black with red pumps. Your hair looks great, too. The perfect amount of body!

83 chelsea February 21, 2013 at 5:26 pm

That jumpsuit is KILLER. It shows you like it too, which makes it even better. No wonder you wear it so much. It drapes so lovely and easy. I also adore that green dress. I love the simplicity, with amazing details, that are in all your looks.

84 Martha February 21, 2013 at 8:33 pm

my favorite is the blue tights outfit and the gold jeans!!!! you look great in all of them, though. i love when you do posts like this about your personal style.

85 Beaula February 22, 2013 at 1:25 am

I love the outfits where you look so classicly european the best! Although, after seeing so many Alt Summit blog posts about outfits, it seems to be a huge fashion competition. I would love to see what you could have done with a few pieces of clothes rather than a wardrobe.

86 Maria G. February 22, 2013 at 4:44 am

Terrific outfits. I love the second outfit with the black boots. I also think you look cool with outfit number 4 and outfit number 6. But I also love outfit number 7 and the last outfit. I think you look sexy and professionally cool in these outfits. I really love clothes and fashion. You can post more pictures of you with your different fashion and clothes. I love looking at other people wearing clothes like that but when it comes to me, I no longer know how to mix and match my outfits.

87 Cheryl February 22, 2013 at 7:29 am

Ms. Blair! That red lipstick!! I see no mention of it in your post, but what a fabulous exclamation point it puts on your ensembles!! I’ve been wearing my red since the fall, and now when I leave the house with naked lips my girls ask me why I forgot to put it on (and I never go a day without someone paying the red lips a confidence boosting comment)! Please share!

88 Dragonfly UK February 22, 2013 at 7:58 am

Hi
Really love this post and all the outfits. I really need some inspiration on what to wear on a more everyday basis – it would be really great if you could do a ‘what to wear’ post on what you wear normally like you do on your children at the beginning of the school year.

89 Jaime - Design Milk February 22, 2013 at 8:06 am

I am so glad I got to witness that peacock hat in person.

90 Elena February 22, 2013 at 8:49 am

Gabrielle,

You look just beautiful, and I just want to say that I admire you so much and believe that you are just the nicest, kindest person. What to Wear’s are about the most common thing in the world but you still felt it was important to make that disclaimer at the end, and I just think that is the nicest thing. You are gorgeous and great, and a real role model for me.

Xox
Elena

91 Elena February 22, 2013 at 8:51 am

P.S. your hair looks great!!

92 Michelle A February 22, 2013 at 9:15 am

You look gorgeous! My favorite is the green dress with the black/white scarf – you look amazing!

93 Car February 22, 2013 at 2:26 pm

You look amazing, would never guess you’ve had 6 kids! What is your secret? All of the outfits are so well put together and look great!

94 Jordan - Polkadot Prints February 22, 2013 at 11:39 pm

That coat in the last photo is gorgeous! Off to check out their website : )

95 Jody February 23, 2013 at 8:29 am

Just had an awesome 20 minutes reading this in an airport! Love your chic style with an element of the unexpected. I’m inspired!

96 Lisa February 23, 2013 at 8:38 am

You are stunning!!!

97 Maruša February 24, 2013 at 5:26 am

oh, I just love your style!!! très chic :)

98 Cathryn March 5, 2013 at 10:18 pm

i’m late to this post but I loved it. You look amazing.

You also look very French, which (with no disrespect) is quite something for an American – I’m British, so I struggle as well. I wondered if you have changed, style-wise, since you’ve lived in France. Your clothes here seem more flamboyant than the French would typically wear but they have a certain something that makes me think of Parisian Grandes Dames!!

I commit to not wearing sweatpants tomorrow!