Valentino Spring 2013

February 12, 2013

Valentino Spring 2013 Valentino Spring 2013 Valentino Spring 2013

By Koseli. Images from This is Glamorous.

I just came across these shots of the Valentino couture collection for Spring 2013. Absolutely stunning. I’ve been thinking about them all day.

I’m following New York Fashion Week updates here and here. Are you as curious about the fashion world as I am? Do you have a favorite designer?

{ 1 trackback }

Valentino Spring 2013
February 12, 2013 at 10:41 am

1 mary February 12, 2013 at 7:15 am

The dresses are yes, gorgeous, but in all honesty, the models look like they need to eat.

2 Mare February 12, 2013 at 7:19 am

I agree that the dresses are beautiful but really aren’t we beyond having models that look like they need a shot of iron and some calories?

3 hannah February 12, 2013 at 7:23 am

these are so beautiful!! thank you for sharing

4 Azra February 12, 2013 at 7:27 am

I love fashion! These gowns are just beautiful.
I have just discovered TER ET BANTINE and I am in love with it. Very clever and an original design. Thank you for sharing.

5 amy February 12, 2013 at 7:43 am

I agree with others that the dresses are beautiful. However, the models are so young; it seems weird to have children model gowns intended for women. They are so young looking that, to me, it takes away from the dresses because they look like they are playing dress-up.

6 Kate Frishman February 12, 2013 at 9:07 am

The dresses are beautiful, and I try very hard to view them as what they are: a surreal fantasy with no relationship to any reality I will ever know. I must admit that I agree with the other comments, though:the models look like emaciated children, and their expressions are a little scary.

7 Emily February 12, 2013 at 9:17 am

Glamorous, I would not describe any of those women to be glamorous. They look like they have not eaten in years and now that I have a daughter and another on the way, it terrifies me that other women could think looking like that is glamorous. Yes the dresses are beautiful, but I hate how the fashion industry does not embrace normal women, we are all beautiful and until they start embracing that philosophy I have no desire to support their endeavors. I don’t want my daughters or myself getting caught up believing we have to starve ourselves to be glamorous.

glam·or·ous, adjective
1.full of glamour; charmingly or fascinatingly attractive, especially in a mysterious or magical way.
2. full of excitement, adventure, and unusual activity.

If this is the definition, then I think someone who is fascinatingly attractive is someone who cares about their body to be healthy, eat right and exercise. Someone who is kind and thinks about others daily, who is intelligent and earns her education and uses it to bless others, someone active in her community, someone who embraces motherhood with all its non-glamorous aspects knowing it will shape generations to come if she does it right. Someone who does not indulge in vulgar speaking, or who dresses immodestly, but who respects her body by covering it up. That to me is a woman who can be called glamorous. Just my thoughts!

8 carolina February 12, 2013 at 9:18 am

OH!, I thought I was the only one who was scared with this pictures. I agree with the rest. Dresses are beautiful, but models looks like walking dead, specially in the last picture . When I saw it I thought about pictures people used to take when someone died centuries ago.

9 Gina February 12, 2013 at 9:34 am

Valentino is always surprising and superb in it’s creations… Oh my! Simply gorgeous! Simply stunning!

10 Sara February 12, 2013 at 9:54 am

OH MY, I wish I could wear one of those gorgeous lace numbers!

11 katharine February 12, 2013 at 10:31 am

I am sorry but seeing these expensive and elegant dresses on little girls ( could any of them be more than 16? ) is deeply troubling. What is wrong with our society or the fashion world that they feel to sell clothes they must be displayed on children?

12 Tracey February 12, 2013 at 11:13 am

I was too distracted by the fact that their heads look to large for their emaciated bodies. Gross and sad.

13 Michele February 12, 2013 at 11:39 am

I find these images so disturbing. I cannot even see the dresses because the girls look, literally, sick. It’s as if the series is designed to emphasize this, with the lighting, disheveled hair and ultra pale skin. I am troubled that Koseli found these ‘stunning’ I am in no way, shape or form a fashion expert, but I really do not get this.

14 Stephanie February 12, 2013 at 12:23 pm

The dresses in this collection are absolutely stunning! I love that there are some modest options in the collection. I personally think the style is youthful and the fit and cut of these dresses can be flattering on all different kinds of figures, not just the model types.

15 BON VOYAGE February 12, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Aaaah… Sitting at the table right now and shared the images above with my 12-year old daughter. And you should have heard what she said to me about these particular photos… I was a bit shocked to hear her comments…

And me? I believe these gorgeous dresses would look more stunning on older woman…

16 NY Mom February 12, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Oh my goodness – my eyes went straight to those young girls’ faces and bodies, whose fragility spoke louder to me than the “beauty” of those dresses.

I am sorry, but do we not exploit those girls by expecting and celebrating a “look” that requires them to look like the walking dead?

17 Judith February 14, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Really? I mean, the dresses are pretty, but the girls? Is that what you love?

18 The Enchanted Home February 17, 2013 at 8:27 am

Died and gone to pretty dress heaven…stunning!

19 Meg D. February 21, 2013 at 1:25 pm

My first reaction as well was that the dresses are lovely but i couldn’t stand to look at those gaunt models for any length of time.