Tiny Room Series

February 15, 2013

Tiny Room Series
Tiny Room Series
Tiny Room Series

By Koseli. Images from Freunde von Freunden and Fubiz.

French artist Marc Giai-Miniet‘s fascination with dollhouses sparked his Tiny Room Series, miniature art that forces you to take a closer look and admire the smallest details.

What is it about miniatures? They’re so appealing! Those tiny suitcases!!

{ 1 trackback }

Se7en's Fabulous Friday Fun #158 - se7en
February 16, 2013 at 5:05 pm

1 Michelle B February 15, 2013 at 7:48 am

Ooo… This is lovely. It reminds me of going to my grandmothers house when I was little. She would retrieve a tattered shoe box from the closet filled with her old doll furniture. It was a highlight of my visits. I loved examining all their details and reconfiguring imaginary rooms. When she died my mother passed them on to me. They are brilliant little cast iron pieces painted in Pepto Bismal pink and avacado greens. This year I found them on the Antiques Road Show website: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/200804A19.html. So cool to find out they are original Tootsie Toys and are from the 30′s!
Thanks for this post, Gabrielle. It evoked sweet memories for me and has given me some inspiration for interesting ways to display them!

2 Koseli Cummings February 15, 2013 at 10:14 am

Oh that is so amazing, Michelle!

3 Michelle B February 15, 2013 at 11:33 am

Hi Koseli, I just realized that you wrote up this post. I have to agree that the tiny suitcases are pretty much awesome! Thanks again:)

4 Sharon @ Discovering Blog February 15, 2013 at 8:05 am

This is insane! And totally mesmerizing. I could look at something like this all day…

5 Rebecca Alexis February 15, 2013 at 8:35 am

heart. such tiny detail. xo

6 Valerie February 15, 2013 at 9:11 am

Swoon! I am in love with the tiny details. Sometimes I think that spending my childhood obsessed with playing with small miniatures and building entire tiny villages contributed to my job doing jewelry design now and working with teeny, tiny pieces of metal.

These are simply magnificent. Thanks so much for sharing!

7 julie February 15, 2013 at 10:09 am

Oh my goodness – I totally LOVE this and honestly could spend the entire day just looking at this post for new, tiny little things to find. Incredible!
Thanks for posting

8 Koseli Cummings February 21, 2013 at 11:12 am

Like a Where’s Waldo with a tiny dollhouse. You’re so welcome, Julie!

9 Jenny Lynn February 16, 2013 at 8:49 am

All I could think when looking at the photos was, WOW, he captured it real life so well. There is something fascinating about those little book cases.

10 Sophie February 18, 2013 at 9:40 am

These remind me of another artist I love – her name is Lori Nix, and she creates tiny dystopian worlds using dollhouse furniture and other minis. I don’t really know why pictures like this are so attractive, but they are! I would love to explore these tiny landscapes.

11 alexis_gentry February 20, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Koseli, I LOVE your posts/photo references. Keep it up! :)

12 Koseli Cummings February 21, 2013 at 11:13 am

Alexis, that means so much. Thank you!