The Camera Collection

February 8, 2013

Camera Collection 1 Camera Collection 2
Camera Collection 3

By Koseli.

I’m not a photographer, but I have a great appreciation for people who do have an eye for capturing the perfect angle at just the right moment. It amazes me. This 1 minute collection of cameras video made me nostalgic. Anyone out there still shoot with film?

P.S. — Remember Gabrielle’s family photo shoot that was done in film?

1 Joy @ OSS February 8, 2013 at 8:38 am

Oh this is too pretty!

2 Rebecca Alexis February 8, 2013 at 9:06 am

Don’t shoot with film anymore, but I have so many memories of hanging out with my dad in his darkroom.

3 Koseli Cummings February 8, 2013 at 10:11 am

Oh that’s so cool Rebecca. I’ve never been in an darkroom but it seems very mysterious.

4 Bestof2sisters February 8, 2013 at 9:27 am

I’d love an old school camera with film. I remember how exciting it used to be, picking up your printed photos from the photo shop, never knowing how they’d turn out. “Oh no 3 out of 4 family members have their eyes closed for the annual xmas card photo… shame.”
Camilla ;-)

5 Koseli Cummings February 8, 2013 at 10:13 am

It was SO exciting! After summer camps or sleepovers when we’d taken a bunch of pictures, it was like standing on eggshells waiting to see the results. Most were terrible but it was so exciting to sort through the stack.

6 melissa sanchez manrique February 8, 2013 at 9:39 am

I do!!! well have recently restarted and i am loving it!!!

7 Koseli Cummings February 8, 2013 at 10:13 am

Oh, very cool Melissa! I hope you scan them and share them online! Let us know if you do.

8 Sarah February 8, 2013 at 10:37 am

I do still shoot with film, in a very informal way. I’ve been using a Lomo camera for a few years now and love that I have to wait until the film is processed to see the final results – usually a mixture of successes, failures and happy accidents. I’m a designer, so spend a lot of my days working with digital imagery, so it’s always refreshing to take a break with film. You can find some of my lomo photos over on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahlphelps/

9 Lucy @ Capture by Lucy February 8, 2013 at 11:43 am

Me – a La Sardina. Super cool.

10 becky February 8, 2013 at 11:51 am

as much as i love the value and immediacy of digital…i miss the old days when i traveled the world with my little nikon fe and my bag of foil wrapped slide film, worrying as it slid in and out of the x-ray machines or was doused with sea spray on some faraway island.

in film school, my class was the last to be required to use film. that i do not miss. ten thousand dollars for a three minute film still hurts me to think about.

11 Sharon Johnson February 8, 2013 at 11:54 am

Oh Film, it’s all I shoot with. Ditched the digital years ago and never looked back. Thanks for this post. So great!

12 Tara February 9, 2013 at 9:45 am

I was in a creative rut until I picked up a film camera about a year ago. Now film is all I want to shoot for my personal photos as well as clients! (Some iPhone too ;)

13 Megan February 10, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Love the video! The last time I shot photos on film was for my photography classes in college. I still cherish the prints I have because I remember all of the blood (literally, I cut myself opening a film canister), sweat and tears it took to develop the film.